1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ne ohio

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MBK021, Sep 27, 2010.

1. MBK021

MBK021 Junior Member
    from OH

does anyone know what the average amount of events for ne ohio has been the last few years?

2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

965 inches

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

That's like 80' of snow! :eek:

Check NOAA they can tell you for either your city or a major city near you.

4. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

i think he ment 96.5"... chardon is the snowiest and they ave 90" a year..but we've had almost double that in years past.. just depends if the lake freezes over or not

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I hope so!

6. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

http://www.weatherbase.com/

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I used to live over by chardon, now i live about 15 minutes a little further south. Its amazing the difference in the amount of snow we get

8. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

I work out of chagrin falls, but live in streetsboro... i know what you mean about the snow.. night and day!

9. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Im a minute away from chagrin on 87

10. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Whos got the cheepest bagged salt near Akron or Cleveland? I called Public today they want $5.35 for 80lb bags.

11. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

That's about what I pay from a place in Canton. Seems to be a good price

12. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

What place in Canton?

13. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

I would assume he is talking about public salt, that is the same price they gave me.

14. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

Vern Dale's Water Center on 62 near Harmont Ave. All last year I paid $161.70 ($172.21 with tax) for a pallet of 80lb bags. 30 bags on a pallet for a total of 2400lbs. He doesn't carry bulk but he does have calcium and other stuff.

15. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Vern Dale's had some nice salt last winter too...Public's supply of Morton was horrible..it was powdery and spread terrible...I switched to Vern Dales

16. MidLandscaping

MidLandscaping Junior Member

Had a semi load of bagged salt delivered last year from them (Public Salt) and all the salt was solid as a rock! Needless to say...switched suppliers.

17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Maggiores public salt is the worst. had to call the BBB on them and almost sue since i got a load of salt from them, half the bags were crap, called them up a couple of days later to tell them about it and they said the salt did not come from them. gave them the number they requested on the bag and they said it was not theres. The owner is a mean ***** and called the sheriff on me because she kept denying the salt was from them. Thought i was going to drive an hour to burn the place down. The sheriff called my buddy to who got bad salt from them. I was about to go down and pickit outside the front entrance with a sign saying dont buy from these thieves. They said it must have been mine from before and left over. Long story short they have horrible customer service and they wont listen to reason. Once the BBB called them they called me back, asked me for a different number and realized the salt did come from them place. The number sets were like 6 numbers and 12 numbers. You would think if they there salt supply as good as they said they do they would know the first set of numbers i told them was not the one they were looking for. one is the bagging date and the other is the date the bag was made. They ended up refunding all the bad bags and just letting me keep them. They did not want to send someone up to pick them up. But let me tell you the old lady that owns that place is rude. Do not buy from them!!!

18. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

I wouldn't go anywhere except Vern Dale's. Price and quality is good, they have a nice facility, and you can get in and out quick. I never had a problem with the salt. If the loader notices any damaged bags he will throw on a good one.