1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ND Blizzard

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Dec 14, 2008.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Well were in a blizzard warning. 10-14 inches there saying by tommrow morning. I'll belive it when I see it, but it is storming out pretty good right now. Interstate is closed through the whole state. Was out for a bit this morning but it was worthless, just kept blowing in. Never thought Id go from combineing corn to plowing snow in a matter of hours! lol, There will be video to come after tonight and tommrow! Heres a pic I just snapped out the basement window.
  2. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

WOW! I see a good chunk of money there. The blowing snow would just be the bad part of the whole thing. Be carefull out there and have fun.
  3. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Can't wait to get at it........ once the wind dies down. We really haven't had a blizzard in quite a few years, we've gotten heavy spring snows, but not a blizzard. I wonder how much equipment will break down for us?:rolleyes:
  4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

we are just hoping that it will hit down here?
  5. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

Ya this is the real deal guys thats for sure. I went out for a few today too but it was absolutly worthless. Be safe out there guys that wind is nasty.
  6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice man, say hello to the weather channel for me they are in fargo! Have fun and stay warm!

Cant wait for the vid!:waving:
  7. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

North Fargo checking in, stoke the fire and fill the coffee mug. Not much for depth but some interesting drifts already. Window wells are filling up with snow on the south side.
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

I will be waiting for videos
  9. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

We arent gettin much of anything up in Grand Forks... MAYBE an inch or two of snow so far with a ton of wind.. not worth trying to push anything untill the wind dies down a lot but there are bound to be some rock hard drifts after all this.. yuck..

EDIT: Figures, soon as I post this I go look out the window and can't hardly see across the street haha

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  10. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Pic doesn't show much, but it's a view from my door. Snowing steady lots of wind.

Palm Card 068.jpg
  11. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Yup, still snowing!

Palm Card 071.jpg

Palm Card 070.jpg
  12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Your still combining corn?:confused:
  13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the news said it was suppose to be like -10 there in fargo, with the wind chill bringing it down to -30 to -50 below. wow thats cold, stay warm and take lots of pics.
  14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They had extremely wet weather, they couldn't even drive in the feild. Alot of guys still have corn left around here also.
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The farm my friend works on has something around 90 acres left. And they arn't the only ones who arn't done. Northern, IL had some wet weather that kept most guys from starting on time.
  16. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Just heard from my boss and we are heading out at midnight, should be a very interesting night with all of this wind!! I think this is the first blizzard I've been a part of in my short life and I have to admit it, I'm lovin every minute of it!! I tried to run to walmart about two hours ago and had to turn back I couldn't see ten yards in front of my truck, everyone in fargo BE CAREFUL when your out, roads suck and it's goin to be cold!!
  17. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Yes area farmers are still getting corn off, although they are nearing the end of what can be harvested. We had a very wet November and fields could not be harvisted untill the ground froze. I spoke with a producer 3 days ago who claimed he had 30% moisture yet. The dryers are getting a workout.
  18. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

same here, the farmers were unable to get all the corn picked before the weather closed in. sure is funny seeing a combine out in the snow pickin corn.
  19. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Ya, it's gonna be fun. I looked at the hourly and they are forecasting 27mph winds straight out of the north all through tomorrow with continuing snow. FINALLY a decent snow fall.
  20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I didnt realize it stayed that wet

I remember seeing the pix of the ruts in the beans feild

Our ground rolls enough that it doesnt get that bad we typically runthe day after it rains here