1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NBS trans temp???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GMCHD plower, Aug 10, 2011.

1. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I did a quick search and didnt find anything. I was just wondering if you guys had any idea what average trans temps for an 09 6.0/6speed should be when plowing? I think the highest I saw last winter was 158*. Is this an ok temp? I believe plow prep has a bigger trans cooler?? Correct me if I'm wrong. But our 09 dosent have plow prep, only HD trailering.
  2. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I have seen mine at 170*. But that was long heavy pushes.
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

On our 07 NBS 6.0 / 6 speed temps run in the 155-170 range while plowing.

The times it has heated up (w/ plow on), is on the highway. I've seen it get to the 195-205 range a few times. It dosent seem to matter how we carry the plow either.

P.S. I didnt think the trans cooler was any different from a "non" plow prep truck in the NBS GM's...but idk???? Larger alternator, skid plates, & heavy suspension pkg on the front was all that I thought it really was?