1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nbs to Obs

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mark13, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How much different is the front end of a nbs (99+) chevy k1500 than an obs (88-98)? I'm looking for a boss mount, possibly found one but it is off of a 02 1500 and I would need it on my 98 1500.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mark, are you asking if the 99-up mount will bolt on without any fabrication at all?

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

No, That would be cool if it did though. I know it will take some fabbing, I'm just wondering if it would take a little or a lot of fabbing to make it fit.
    Btw, would be a boss rt3 mount

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It would take quite a bit of fabrication as the frame mounting points right behind the bumper are different between the 98-back and the 99-up. Not that it can't be done, if your willing to put the time and effort into it, and the mount was cheap to begin with to make it worth the time and money.