1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NBS Chevy 2500hd mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rb69, Oct 9, 2008.

1. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

Does anyone have pics of the mount on there nbs 2500hd? I just put mine on but seems like it sits back a little far?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

Here is a picture of the mount> I now know I do need to lower it down to get the 15 1/2" measurement from the upper mount hole to the ground, but it seems to sit back a bit IMO

Thanks

Boss mount drivers side.jpg

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A little tough to tell but it doesn't look too bad..

The mount looks rather old, where'd you get it? Any chance it's the old style 99-02 mount? They were shorter you know...

5. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

I got it off a friend when he got his plow for his Ford SD. It was on a 02 Chevy.
    Of the 4 pieces that make up the mount, are all the pieces of it shorter or just the cross member part of it?

Thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's off an '02 then it's likely its the old style discontinued '99-'02 only mount.

All four pieces are completely different part numbers between the original '99-'02 mount and the updated '99-current mount that was released to cover the '03-newer trucks.