1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NBS battery terminals

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by purplehavoc, Oct 14, 2013.

1. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Hey guys!

Picked myself up a new to me truck this fall, and switching my V-plow over to get ready for this this season. Truck is an 09 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax.
    I notice GM switched to a top post configuration with little dinky nuts that secure the cables to the battery. Is this where others are connecting their main power and ground wires for plows? Seems like a pretty small stud to be attaching high draw items too.

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Funny you mentioned this. We just got an 09 with a 6.0 and it just left for a plow install. I'll let you know what the shop did,,,,,,then ill let you know what I did to fix there install.

3. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Thanks, that would be great.

4. hterrebt

hterrebt Junior Member

What is the best brand battery to get?

5. dieselss

The one with the cutest case

6. dieselss

Just got the go back. Looks like there was a factory maxi fuse that they taped into

7. dieselss

It's on the fire wall right by the batt

IMAG1236-1.jpg

8. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Thanks. I will go and check that out.