1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Navistar stops engine shipments to Ford

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RODHALL, Feb 26, 2007.

1. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It wouldn't surprise me if Ford didn't sell one diesel truck after today.....

3. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

WOW, thats gotta make for some nervous OVAL dealars....

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I like my truck but if engines become a problem I,m calling this place to put a pulse back in my truck:drinkup:

http://www.fordcummins.com/

5. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Ford will sell alot of diesel trucks...If Navistar holds out for good then ford will sell all the stock they have...But Navistar needs Ford just as much as they need them..Look at how many diesel super dutys are sold. A big percentage of Navistars work is for the Super Dutys...They will resolve this..

6. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

I know we stopped working on power stroke motors a few years ago. for the same reasoning, I have never seen so many bad parts from a dealer. Ford PS having 50% of the diesel market, this may help (GM and Dodge) and really hurt Ford. In 450 and 550 power stroke motor was all they used. Dodge just came out with 4500 & 5500 6.5L CTDS.

Ford and Navistar are in bed togather, seeing either one get out or hold out is going hurt both.

7. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Time for Ford to start talks with Cat....

8. bspan27801

bspan27801 Junior Member

I love my tuck. I havent had any trouble but I would be the first in line to order a cat in a 350. wesport

9. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

i just got off the phone with ford rep.. he said they had a disagreement with navistar... i was concerned cause i just ordered a 08 with the diesel.. said there is nothing to worry about and everything was being taking care of.... said they have alot of motors that are built and ready to go into the trucks.. parts will not be a problem . they have all been stocked... so all will work out well

10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

like everyones else said it'll all be worked out....kinda like a fight between a man and a woman you can only hold out so long.

11. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

Umm between man and woman… if one files papers in court and the other stops putting out, I have a feeling it is over or there partnership is DONE! (the man and woman anyhow)

12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

whenever my partnerships are over i always go back for more quota and the product is always better.... good luck Ford

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  13. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I wouldn't think Ford has a ton of motors sitting around. The big three are into just in time delivery of parts at assembly lines, and the pipeline can't be too big.

I'd bet they have no more than one weeks supply of motors - any more than that and it's against their just in time strategy.

Ford Rep says don't worry, well what's he supposed to say??

14. SneekyTT

SneekyTT Junior Member

I agree, I work for a company that assembles the engines and transmissions for Chrysler (caliber, patriot, compass, and soon to start the new Avenger) and we dont keep more than 1500 engines in house at a time, thats enough for one day of production... and they come directly from the supplier everyday...

ford's situation cant be too far off...

It costs DiamlerChrysler $1500 a minute to shut down the line, imagine the cost to shut down a line that makes $40,000 trucks compared to our $20,000 cars...