1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Naval gel for plow rust removal ????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by scholzee, Nov 5, 2007.

1. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Well where does the summer go ?? was planning to paint the plow in the warm weather but did not get to it. The whole front is paint free and suface rust. Can I use some naval gel to get some rust off before painting. I really was looking for quick and easy to get a coat of paint on then do a better job neext summer.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try Fluid Film. No I'm not on the payroll!:cry:

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you want to paint rust use POR-15, available on the web.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I understand you have to join a union:jester:

5. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Well actually due to this board and free sample I have been using Fluid Flim and I am a convert from Liquid wrench and WD-40 but would like my western plow to be red again and not be dripping stuff on peoples driveways.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Check with Dano in FF section. I think you can spray wash off and repaint.:D

7. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

it's kindof time consuming, but if the rust is bad I've used a "needle scaler" to remove any loose rust, then use a chemical rust stabilizer, then paint over that with Duplicolor aerosol bedliner.

8. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Don't use so much product and just reapply more often. That's my advice. payup