1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

National property maintenance firm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deluxeco, Oct 27, 2008.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

Anyone have any experience with subcontracting for Level One Maintenance?
  2. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

they called me too yesterday for a bid request too. anyone?

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Where are they out of? What area do they need trucks for? Might be another company I am familiar with.
  4. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

googled them found some disturbing info on payment practices, i'm a little suspiciuos
  5. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

That's pretty common from the large property mgmt. companies. Slow pay and quick to call 50 companies for a bid. I don't pay them to much attn.

Most of the time they are bidding job just like us. They don't actually have the work but they run you all over town measuring and quoting for them.

I had one this year it was a HUGE account for a shopping center. They had a big gated area. I called the PM and asked to get access. I was told they didn't actually have the contract they were just doing research.

Anyone want to go some research for me this year? I have a couple lots I haven't plowed before I need to see how long it takes;-)
  6. johnknwd

johnknwd Junior Member

I've been subbed landscape work from them for the whole season. I was a little skeptical at first due to what I heard about big management companies. Their payment is net 45 which sucks, but I have been getting checks on that schedule. One check I had for some extra work took a little longer, but it came. The extra work they have generated on the green side of my business has kept me alive this year. They're out of Boston, but cover the entire nation. They're not as big as you would imagine, you don't get lost in the mix. I primarily deal with 1 person and we are in communication on almost a daily basis. The only problem is that they know what they want to spend on each site and some of their pricing is not in line with our area's higher market values. They have been willing to work with me on some of that. All in all they have been a good company to work for, they don't tell me how to do a job, just get it done. I am planning on continuing to work with them as long as they have contracts in my area.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008