1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

National Companys, SMS

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Intrinsic, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Intrinsic

Intrinsic Junior Member

I was curious if anyone has worked for SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS, LLC? They contacted me today about snow removal for two locations that have gas and c-store business. I did a search, but came back with a different company called sms assist. Searched google and the like...came back with a lot of negatives. Although, we work with a lot of nationals in our property preservation business and they have a lot of neg reviews, but I am still getting paid! So, has anyone worked with SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS out of Washington? Thanks!!:nod:
  2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

It's a National. Working for them is working for the enemy and expediting the race to zero.
  3. mikesbigtruck

mikesbigtruck Junior Member

Old thread I know, but wanted to share my experience with SMS thus far. I deal with them on two Rite-Aid locations. Both are seasonal contracts and the money isn't bad at all. I've never had trouble getting paid and they are pretty good about returning calls and emails.

Would I work with them again? Yes. Are they a NSP? Of course, but they're one of the good ones, in my experience at least. As a small 3 man operation, they helped us get into "the game" when it comes to commercial accounts and we've learned a lot along the way. It all comes down to having to start somewhere.

Just my $0.02 deposited.
  4. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Ur not "in the game" working for a national - they hire any idiot
    Ur in the game when u can find ur own work
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Man, this sounds a lot like a paid endorsement or somebody posing as a contractor but really with SMS. It's vague, positive, and a little too gooey.
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Too funny.... :)
  7. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

I work for Sms assist out of Chicago and am waiting on first payment for 6 + weeks. They said because I don't use their app to report services then I have to wait a couple more weeks to get paid. They said 30 days norm but I use the automated phone in service instead. They are fairly easy to get in touch with but I'll know this week weather I love em or hate them. I have other work that's paying semi regularly so I'm surviving but I did a lot of research on them before I signed on with them. Found most info to be positive on them so I'm giving it a shot. Money isn't bad and the locations couldn't be any closer to my other locations so that helped my decision as well. I'll report back later with my overall opinion. Anyone else work for them?
  8. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Always a low post member that appears out of no where to say how great working for a national is. Scammers scam it is what they do.
  9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I never had any problem working with them, always got paid. The rep that I dealt with was really easy going. Believe it or not, they would even give me raises throughout the landscaping season on a couple of jobs. I actually was making more working for them, than when I had the properties with no middle man. Now, before anyone chimes in, I know this is the exception rather than the norm. I've actually heard more bad things about them than good. But i could not complain. This was several years ago.
  10. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

We have worked for them for 2 years and have had no problems whatsoever. We service 12 accounts for them throughout our region. We have roughly 25 winter time
    Employees so we aren't just a fly by night company. The rep we deal with has been really great and helpful with any issues. We use the phone app and after using it are looking into having our own app designed to simplify the whole log sheet/billing process. I was very skeptical working for them but they took over a descent size account that we used to service and we were asked to keep servicing the account but through them. So far, we have no complaints. I don't necessarily like the idea of nsps and hearing the horror stories that many have went through but this is a business model that will only continue to grow in the service industry whether any of us like it or not.
  11. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

Payed and payed late are 2 different animals! No exceptions.payup This is real old news. I don't think this FB is going to change anybody's mind on NSP's. Learn how to sell work, What do you think a NSP is? A fast talking vendor selling work.
  12. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Did u read the contract?? Holds u liable for everything even tho they dictate your service.. Like mention above, get out and sell your own work.. In 20 yrs I have worked for 2 nationals for 1 season each. So much b.s.. Anything to get out of paying u.
  13. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

As far as I can tell my insurance co won't even write a policy covering work for most NSPs. They review all commercial contracts and reject any that don't give full control over snow and ice operations to the policy holder.
  14. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

Got my first check yesterday. They don't dictate my services. I decide when and what type of service is needed. Would I prefer to cut out the middle man? Yes. Do I have anything to complain about? Not now. So far so good.
  15. FredG

And if the insurance company did write they would increase your policy or one time fee for said property. Usually not worth it.
  16. fartbox333

fartbox333 Member

My insurance company o k ed the contract. My rates stayed the same, the 2 properties that I do for Sms are extremely convenient to my other lots, the $ isn't bad at all, I don't deal with customers stupid complaints... I don't like working for a national but as long as they pay what they said they would, when they say they would then I can't complain. Nationals have taken over here. If we can educate the customers and show them that they are spending more money paying a middle man than hiring a qualified local company then we could make more $ and save the customer some $ too. Just trying to give an honest report on my experience with them to stay on topic with the original post.
  17. FredG

Okay lets stay on topic, I can appreciate not bashing a company that has done you no wrong according to you. You choose to come to ps to find out opinions and experiences with NSP's, This is fact most of us been there and done that and not to mention taking jobs from NSP's when refusing to service for none payment and having your own contract with said property.

So whatever you are trying to accomplish with your good experience with nsp's it has not a lot of credibility. Yes NSP's are real. This post is nothing new here on ps. In fact I wish most would give it rest. I'm glad you getting paid.
  18. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Nsp is a sore topic on here. They are here to stay wether plow site veterans like it or not.

I personally do landscaping for one and have a direct deposit the same day every month lol
  19. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

What I find funny is as soon as someone opens a thread about another specific nsp it's shut down immediately and the end locked post says to quit beating the dead horse. Those threads should absolutely stay open so ppl that get boned in the future can keep UPDATING newcomers to plow site to steer clear. I've never worked for any nsp's but that's because of the up to date info on how big uh pieces of trash they are. Now the biggest crooked nsp known to us is not to be chatted about. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Weather or not it's a dead horse or not ppl should be able to come here and post there negative and positive experience on nsp's without their thread being locked with a waving smiley face.
  20. FredG

Hows it locked? I'm still responding, It's old news to me but, Carry on. :waving: