1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NASCAR fans...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Feb 18, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Okay, for those of you watching the Daytona 500... who's your money on. Personally... I'm thinkin #3.

-Tim

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

ive got my money on number 3 with dodge coming close

3. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Dale Earnhardt plowing his way all the way to the front GO #3!!! :D
    Bruce

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

sorry guys, but im going to have to go with the #12 of jeremy mayfield. tell earnhardt to mover over this time, or he'll end up like he did at pocono last time

5. SlimJim Z71

MICHAEL WALTRIP!!!!

What a race!!! #3 wipes out on the LAST LAP!!! Unreal... that crash... 18 cars!!! Man, I'm sweating!

-Tim

6. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

Yep great race!!!

7. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

#3 went to the hospital, no news yet.

Great race, the fans got their moneys worth today.

The ones who watched at home got a better deal Instant Replay!!!!

8. plowjockey

There was a lot of power in the air when Ernie Irvin crashed and we should all drop a prayer for Dale Sr. You don't find me overly serious very often but this is one of those times.
    Bruce

9. plowjockey

Tim and all race fans!!!

Bulletin!!!

According to CNN and other sources I am deeply saddened to have to say that Dale Earnhardt Sr. was killed in the wreck at Daytona.

From my self and my company
    My thoughts and prayers are with the Earnhardt family and Richard Childress Racing.

May God speed yo to your next race, Dale

Bruce

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i too have heard the same thing, and it is a fact that dale has passed on. he was a great driver, and will never be forgotten.

11. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

God Bless Dale and his family

You will be truly missed

# 3 FOREVER :(

12. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

It is truly sad that this happened, but I am sure Dale would have wanted to go racing.
    Dino

13. plowjockey

Dale always had a look in his eyes whenever he spoke about his best friend Neil Bonnett and I suspect he had a hole in his heart there too. He's up there right now and will be forever out in the woods bench racing and hunting with his friend. Someone had to go and help Adam (Petty) grow up too.

My apologies I'm more than a little bit emotional right now.

God care for this fallen hero.

Bruce

14. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

I said the same thing on another thread; he'll be missed in his community; God Bless.

15. SlimJim Z71

Oh no... I didn't even know until just now when I read your posts. That's terrible. He was so close to the finish line...

Dale Sr... we all hope you rest in peace.

[​IMG]

-Tim

[Edited by SlimJim Z71 on 02-18-2001 at 09:02 PM]

16. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Many of us up here in Canada are NASCAR fans too, and Dale will be missed by all of us.

17. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Rest In Peace #3 :cool:
    We will miss you.

:(

18. SlimJim Z71

19. plowjockey

Thanks , Tim

Your finding these links helps out a lot and allows them to be passed on to others.

Bruce

20. SlimJim Z71

Well... we're all here to help each other out. I don't know how everyone else feels, but if it's anything like I feel, the more we know, the better we'll feel.

I don't consider myself a HUGE race fan, but with Dale's passing, I feel like I've lost someone close to me. I never met him, but I grew up hearing his name and his legend. You think of racing, you think of Dale Earnhardt.

There's a lot of information on http://www.nascar.com for those who want it. I think I've watched the crash video about 20-times... and I just can't believe it. There's just so much irony: 1/2-mile from the checkerd flag, son and Michael Waltrip in front of him, blocking for the two of them, he made it 199 laps before meeting his maker, the prayer before the race. Just too strange...

-Tim

(Sorry it's such a long post)