1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Narrowing/Cutting Down a Boss 9'2 V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by famouslee99gt, Apr 17, 2014.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I just bought a 7'6 V from a guy for my 1/2 pickup, which I hope ends up being wide enough, and I may need to add wings to it. Anyways, he also has a 9'2 he is selling. Both plows were only 4 years old. The 9'2 is coming complete, with mount, wiring & controller, for $3000. I think that is a great price.

What I'm researching is that many are saying a 9'2 is just a large plow in general and depending on who you listen too, maybe too much for a 3/4 ton pickup. Lets say narrowing it down to something like a 8'2 to make it more size friendly, would I be sacraficing the strength of it. I didn't look it over very well because I was there for the 7'6. I'm not sure what the size would be in the end, but cutting it down to the next inward vertical brace. Unfortunately, that would cut off the section with the foot/skid mounts. That thing looked good condition.

Is it worth that amount? I almost considered buying it and sitting on it til next fall and trying to resell it.

Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The 9,2 will be fine,bolt it on and go

3. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Is the 9.2 for a 3/4 ton or 1/2 ton ?

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Think he's saying a 9/2 on a have 1/2 ton.

Stay with 7/6 and add wings.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You can buy a new flat top 9'2 for 4500 with mount

So it's an ok price

I wouldn't cut it. You'll be fine on a 3/4 ton

6. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

The 7'6 is for the half ton. I was just seeing if it was feasible and easier to sell the 9'2 if it weren't as big I guess. Is it worth the 3k to sit till fall to resell it and hopefully make a profit of $500-1500

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Sounds like an ok price, not spectacular. Sounds iffy to tie up money all year to maybe make a profit, maybe not, maybe even be stuck with it.

Cutting it is just wrong.

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Just my .02 but I wouldn't spend $3000 on a hacked up plow. A 9'2" will be fine on any 3/4 ton pickup. Little rougher on the ball joints but any plow is going to wear em out anyways.