1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Narrowed down: which of these?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Abouna, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

OK, it's looking good for finding something used in this area.

The best prices we've had are for these:

SnowDogg MD68: $3300 installed
    Fisher HomePro 7.5 $3500 installed

I was more inclined to the SnoWay 6'8" but it's almost $1k more!

Any opinions?

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I have had both Wranglers and Cherokee's with snow plows. I started w/Meyers TM6.5. OK plow, but too light to hold the ground and back drag anything. I switched to Sno way with down pressure and a world of improvement. I think any light plow, w/o down pressure would preform the same. Just can't get a good scrape with out the weight of a heavy plow or down pressure. I will say most all plows will preform well if serviced after use. Neglect is the major cause of plow/truck failure!

3. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

That should have read Curtis HomePro I think.

4. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

I'd love some input on the Curtis. I'm supposed to look at one tomorrow and I've not really found any good info on the Home Pro.

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

6. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

I did but couldn't really find anything on the Home Pro.

Moot point. I visited both dealers today and suffice it to say, the SnowDogg dealer had LOTS of plows (Boss too) and the Curtis dealer had 3, in an out building covered with dust because they are not going to deal them anymore. That was enough for me.

7. SCL

SCL Senior Member

That seems like a crazy good price on the Snow Dogg! CPW is at $3348 before tax and shipping just for the Plow.

8. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

The price got even better. We were re-quoted $3050 for the MD68, which was a pretty good price! Then they mistakenly put the MD75 on instead and left the price as is.

We love it.