1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NAPA

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Mark Oomkes, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone else have an account with NAPA?

Anyone else having issues with the idiots in their A/R department not knowing how to process credits, payments or processing their own early pay discounts? And then being placed on a cash only basis?

Or losing their volume discount? Such as being charged more for a driveshaft on our account than the online price?

We've aboot had it with these :terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel:

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Sounds like customer error to me:hammerhead:

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I've had a commercial account with NAPA for 25 years. Worse now than they've ever been. Have to arm wrestle with my salesman constantly over pricing. They tend to mess with your pricing when they think you're not paying attention, then the salesman comes in and whines when your volume drops. Constantly re-occurring cycle. He claims it happens in Atlanta, and he has no control over it... Whatever. We've been starting to buy from a local independently owned NAPA jobber that has nine stores. They seem to appreciate the business. I'm about finished with the corporate owned stores. We've also been doing some business with Auto Zone commercial... They really seem to go the extra mile, but their counter people leave quite a bit to be desired... thus we order mostly via Autozonepro.com, as we do NAPA via napaprolink.com. It tends to take the counter dummies out of the equation in either case. :dizzy:

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Too many companies selling and delivering commercial parts to put up with that - it takes the same amount of time to fix an error as it does to set up a new account.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

I tried Napa. Had problems with core charges. Only use them if I half to. I use Autozone for some things, but I look up all my own parts, and I am on good terms with the commercial counterman.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, silly us for returning the wrong parts that they delivered.

Or taking advantage of the early pay discount they offer. And then their monkeys in Atlanta can't process the discount, so it shows up as past due and we get put on COD.

Pretty sure we haven't been in business for over 80 years by paying late regularly.

7. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 2000 Club Member

Do you have Compar over there???

80 years???....How old are you??..Judging by your behavior I would have guessed 15-16 years old

iceyman and Mark Oomkes like this.
  8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

my account is handled locally

9. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

YES! ive had a napa account for 18 years under each of my company names. just last week i OVERPAID a bill by 40 bucks. They put me on credit hold because i had a negative "overdue" balance and they didnt know how to apply it to my account. The pricing is a joke, if your volume drops your prices go up, by 30-40 percent or better. Ive started doing much more with advance that was a locally owned carquest recently. Their only downfall is they dont send out invoices properly and i am now on credit hold because i dont have a total to pay. I have to walk into the store at the end of each month and ask for my balance so i can pay it....