1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Napa Batteries

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I try to buy most of my stuff from the napa in town, because its own by a local guy.

But Dose any one else have problems with Napa Batteries?

We have problems with them all the time.. We had to replace 2 of them in the last few weeks one was a Dec of 2006 and the other was June of 2007. Both of the clearly under a year old. They replced them for free but still. Its a PITA.

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have really good luck with NAPA batteries. Were these batteries in a vehicle that getts used on a regular basis? Or on some type of equipment that may sit unused for months at a time? Long periods of non use will kill a battery faster than any thing else. But even this is a 2 year thing. 1 year is not normal. Maybe your local Napa is letting the new batteries sit on the shelf too long.

3. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

Free Battery

I know it sound stupid, but all my trucks have dual batterys and in the summer the 2nd one usually dies beasuce they never get used, so i started buying them from auto zone, they have a 1 year warranty on them and every year before snow flies i take back the old and get the new free of charge...gotta love it..

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All we run is Napa and have had good luck with them.

5. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Nope there in the trucks, The one tuck gets ran every day. The other truck, that had the June of 07 in it has sat since Aug.

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i sell napa batteries. dont have many problems. use to sell interstate had a run of defects
    swithched companies.

JR

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I like NAPA but ant time we use there batteries in our trucks, we have problems, we've never had one last more then a year or two. Since 1995 weve been playing this game off and on. Napa was the only part store in town till last year, we got a auto zone.

Any idea why we're having problems like this?

8. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

IF you think Napa is bad wait till you use electical parts from Autozone!

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Im not a fan of autozone either

10. bluerider

bluerider Junior Member
    from vermont

The guy that I used to work for always bought Napa batteries and they would never last more than a year or so. We went thru a bunch of them. I had to replace the Motorcraft battery in my Ford last week after six years of plowing with it. Guess what. It was replaced with a Napa battery.

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

So im not the only one