1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

naming the business.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by insnow4fun, Jan 27, 2005.

1. insnow4fun

insnow4fun Member
    from Indiana

how did you guys come up with the name of your business? i am to the point i want to think about that. are there any tips on coming up with names. i was thinking that i don't really want to be something snowplowing, as i might branch out and do some mowing etc.

any tips might be helpful on how you came up with your names.
  2. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I own three business. (Andy's Gourmet Cinnamon Rolls, Tinman roofing, and Gusco Snowplowing) And have a single Corporation thats controls them. Gusco Inc. in which all three are hired from as as subs. I use Gusco as the main firm and manage them from it. Then run each individually. This leaves room for separate names for each endeavor as well as separate liability issues and repercussions should a legal problem arise.

As far as a name it can be anything from "A-1 snow removal" to "We push snow for a living". Use what you want to and feel will be rembered by people who see the name. After all a Business card, Phonebook ad, Newspaper ad, or the like is statistically only used once then discarded. (If that) For instance all my shirts say. "GET PLOWED!" And i have mailbox hangers (Bill envelopes) that say "I got plowed with this winter" (Black on orange in color)
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Be creative......the name does not have to say it all. Make a name that customers can identify with.

Heck...look at Cingular....now thats word play that they paid millions for.