1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Name this Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sport70, Feb 17, 2004.

1. sport70

sport70 Junior Member

I am looking at purchasing a 89 GMC 2500 3/4 ton with this plow on the front. I am not sure what make it is and was wondering if anyone know. I suspect it is a Fisher but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

2. sport70

sport70 Junior Member

Here is the blade.

3. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

It is a fisher. Someone got a little crazy with the red paint on the blade.
  4. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Definatly a fisher...:nod:
  5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

An ugly fisher ;)
  6. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

a Fisher painted with what almost looks like Western paint...

DUSTYCEDAR Junior Member
    from S.E.PA

red or yellow u cant hide a fisher
  8. Blizzard15

Blizzard15 Junior Member
    from CT

its a fisher, some crazy paint. i feel sorry for that plow
  9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher, trip edge, a-frame, headgear
  10. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Hells yea its a fisher. i got one of them in the back of my truck as a counter weight:yow!:
  11. evil snowman

evil snowman Member

yup its a fisher. my buddys got one for sale. the plows red cause its got a cold and a fever from being out side in the snow.:drinkup:
  12. sport70

sport70 Junior Member

I want to thank everyone for their help. I thought it was Fisher, the A Frame on the mount was a good tip off but I am not as familiar with plow gear as you guys. I haven't decided on the truck yet but I will be making my decision soon.

Thanks Again.

13. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

At least with the pump being in the engine compartment it won't tend to freeze up like my temperamental meyers.
  14. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

if your meyers is freezing up then you should service it and drain all the wet fluid out and refill with aircraft oil not atf...... havnt had a meyer pump freeze up in 4 years
  15. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

I service all my pumps (new fluid and screens) yearly and have never had a freeze up either - and it gets pretty cold here - All trucks outside all the time also
  16. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

model #

If this is an 8 footer, it is the Fisher HD model. The paint is actually a good idea incase someone feels the need to steal it. My GMC/Chevy has central hydraulics with this same setup.
  17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

thats def a fisher
  18. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

Haha, to bring up an old thread. You were correct. I had the shop go thru my meyers and it is still working beautifully today. I did flush the fluid this year and put atf back in. But that is coming out asap now after I see how much slower it seems to make the plow work when it's cold. I can't complain about the meyers though, I've had it since 94 and it never gives me any real problems that maintenance doesn't take care of. :nod:
  19. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

8 foot fisher, belt driven pump, have 2 of them still.. good plows.