1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Name on plow markers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnsrusinc., Nov 11, 2012.

1. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

Do any of you guys put little signs with your company name on it on your plow markers. I don't know if its a good idea or a bad idea. The clip on signs also seem so small what are your thoughts.

2. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Absolutely!!

plow stake.jpg

3. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

4. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Hell no!

You think its a good idea, like free advertising, but the people who are going up and looking at it to get your name and number off of it are the neighbors to your customers and your that a55 hole at 3 am with all the flashing lights making loud noises and piled the snow 6" to far onto their property to made the pile at your customers too high and they cant see down the street or name about 500 other reasons you prob pissed them off. Sounds like a great idea but you're attracting the wrong kind of attention. Hell, if I could rip all the lettering off the trucks in the winter too, I would!

5. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Bad day mike? jk

6. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Yes, and get the stakes out early. I put mine out nov 1st. I've gotten enough accounts from people seeing my signs to pay for them 50 times over this year alone... And it hasn't even started snowing yet.

I have never had someone call to complain about anything, infact, I think having my business name and phone number in front of all my accounts helps encourage me to do a better job than everyone else

7. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I do a good job, therefor I want people to know who's doing the work. I see nothing wrong with that.

8. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

I like the many points you have all pointed out. I see how it would help with residential accounts to gain more. But commercial plowing not so much. I couldn't see business owners or managers stopping at the neighbors parking lot.

9. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed. If I read that right for 100 markers its over $800. Pretty darn pricey if you ask me.

11. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I use them and find that they are great.
    Name runs top to bottom on one side phone number on the other.
    Two per driveway, they stand out real nice at 3am.

13. jmd0009

jmd0009 Junior Member

Ya great idea that way the jerk stealing then know who there stealing them from.