1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Name of this western spreader and where to buy a motor for it?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by m.$terner, Nov 18, 2014.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Bought this at a a auction cause i got a good deal on it. was suppose to be a working unit that needed wiring but once i got it back to my shop I played with it a little bit and believe the motor is locked up.:realmad: I want to use it as a spare but obviously need to buy a replacement motor for it first. I tried identifying the name of the model but cant find anything about them? The motor is rusty looking and cant see any info on it about a model number or hp or shaft size etc? Does anybody know what this model is or more importantly where I can buy a motor for it at? I usually buy motors off of ebay but want to make sure im buying the right one before i go through all the work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

I had one or two of those years ago that I spread seeds for my pasture with. Always had problems with them. Never thought about heavy materials like salt being used with it.

3. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Well not to be rude but Western did make this as a "salt" spreader didnt they? lol anybody else have any info on this? I know its old but cant imagine the motor not being made, it doesnt look like anything specific i just dont know the shaft size or hp?

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

The western oem part # for the motor is 65061. Did you try a western dealer $$$. Or central parts warehouse

5. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

I didnt even think to try a Western dealer just because of the price they would charge. I looked through my CPW catalog but didnt see anyting unless I overlooked it. Thanks for the number though, I looked it up and found some vendors who sell it for a fair price. im going to take the old one off this weekend and make sure the shaft and everything else look to be in good shape then ill order it. Thanks again for the part number!