1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

N.W. Ohio Contractors

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Post up if you are in N.W. Ohio, I am.

Need a tug out of that pile or ditch, we got a 10,000 lb winch
    also willing to help out once my route is finished.

Nate@NatesLawnService.com or 419-385-5964 shop or 419-385-9464 house, call the house and someone will give you my nextel#

~Nate~

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

We are in Toledo/Oregon area so if anyone needs help we will do what we can to assist you. We run 12 trucks and 2 bobcats and a bunch of salters.

3. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

In the Bowling Green / Wood county are. If ya need a hand , let me know . 419-287-1519 , if its snowing try 419-307-1672 .

4. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Looking for help of anykind, subs, sno blower, stick plow, or just show up I have equipment.

Call or Email to work something out.

Also willing to help out if I can after first run through my route.

Based in Bryan, Ohio but can help out in Toledo, Bowling Green, Fort wayne and in between.

No need to be a member here, just call.

419-636-1035

5. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

I will be selling bulk salt this winter to anybody who needs it, I will have salt for $60 a ton loaded. I will be on call 24 hours a day so if you need salt at any time I will be able to load you up. PM me if you are interested in getting salt from me, Just think no more bagged salt and no worries about storing salt. The salt will be located in Oregon Ohio so anyone working around Toledo can benefit from this service

6. Big Nate's Plowing

I will have Caliber Treated salt in 50# bags & M-1000 liquid on hand also, South Toledo.

good price on the bulk considering the ottowa lake co-op gets $85 per ton

7. margesimpson

margesimpson Junior Member

:drinkup:

PJ I enjoyed meeting with you today. You have quite the operation. Your price on salt was excellent and your service should be of great help to us guys that need 24 hour pull up and load bulk service. What a time saver.

I just hope we have a reason to NEED the salt.

Anyone in the toledo area that needs deicing products ANYTIME give PJ a call. The 24 hour concept is a great idea and if you think about it.... 1 pallet of 50 pound bags of salt (50 bags at $3 a bag = 150 a ton = headache of carrying and cutting open bags)

OR

pay $60 a ton to have it loaded right into your spreader or truck

hmm.... save $90 per ton on cost with less work - no brainer.

Nice operation - both the lawn and snow - you are one of the best equipped outfits i have seen.

This guy can get you FISHER snow and ice equipment and HUSTLER mowers - he's quite connected !!

Thanks for lunch too.

marge

8. margesimpson

:drinkup:

PJ i had a couple of IM's last night from some guys about contacting you for salt. can you post your email or phone number - i didnt feel at liberty to give that out or post it without asking you first.

thanks and think snow

9. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  10. Ronald Slapp

Ronald Slapp Junior Member

:yow!:
    :yow!: :yow!:
    Just got into the business last year and this looks like I could make mad loot. Will we have this much snow like last year every year? I made like $900 last year !!

Please tell me how much it will snow this year so I can figure how much money to spend on snowblowers and shovels.

Ronny

11. Big Nate's Plowing

LOL I make twice that on every storm, Ohio usualy averages 35"-50" of snow a year nomatter what it is all payup and grab what you can my friend

12. Ronald Slapp

Are you kicking that in my face :gunsfiring: nate? I am happy with $900 a year. Im glad you can make so much money, you must have a great snowplow and a big old truck to pull it with. I have an old s-10 but the floorboards are rusted out and the snowplow wont tilt one direction, but it would be good for big jobs if I got it fixed.

What do you think of this storm coming in tonight? will we get some deep snow to shovel? I heard as much as 2 inches may pile up.

If you need someone to do sidewalks call me. I will bring my own Toro brand powershovel and some other shovels just show me the walkway and i'll work real hard.

I can also borrow my stepmoms bobcats she owns tinys trucking in east toledo and she lets me clear stuff with her bobcats 773 when we get big snows like ones that are over 2 inches sometimes i gets $20 to $25 per driveway.

What weather sites do you go to for the most accurate weather? I listen to fm104 and 92.5 they do a nice job.

13. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

Yep , we got all types here in good ol NW ohio:eek:

14. Sno

Sno Senior Member

:D

Firemedic, where you from in BG?
    Thats my old rompin grounds....

P&J... so is Perrysburg and Oregon... Have relation in all three.

Sounds like I need to get ahold of you, salt etc.

Do you have a source for spreaders?

15. margesimpson

My new friend from P and J lawn has great connections for salt and equipment. His email is listed above (saltworks@aol.com)

Today was a waste of great moisture - darnit

16. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

Yes I can get you salters and plows for 25% off list

17. Ronald Slapp

Can you get salter machines for my mom's bobcat brand bobcats 773? She said if i get a salter for it i can start to take on some big jobs and make some money.payup

I also would like to know if there are any accounts anyone would like to sell or sub to me in the pemberville, luckey or BG areas. I would like to eventually take these areas over and get really big.

I just hope we get tons of snow. I even prayed for it:angry:

Cmon snow, lets all get richie rich payup

18. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

Sno... im in Pemerville , about 8 mles west of BG ... Been here all my life ...Eastwood class of 86.
    Marge... we are getting snow in pembertuckey , rain/snow in p-burg . Got about a 1" on the ground now ... might get to go make some payup tonite i hope. If any one needs a hand or wants to grab a cup of coffe give me a call ...419-307-1672.

19. margesimpson

firemed,
    im sitting in northwood high school (i teach), looking out the window at nothing but rain at 10:55am - boy only 7 or 10 mins up 280 and its all a waste - im glad your getting some white stuff.

im also sitting here with a fellow pembertuckyite :D - james heckman ring a bell??

i hope you make some cash tonight - push some cold air back up the road a few miles

20. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

Hey marge , i work at Bobcat of Toledo at Tracy and 795 , just left the shop and it was starting to get a little whiter ...hope it comes your way.
    Back roads are getting slushy , if it keeps up like this , there should be enough white stuff to go out. Its gonna be like pushing concrete tho ...but them are the breaks i guess
    The name rings a bell , but ill be darned if i can figure out who he is.

Scott