1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

N.IL/S.Wi Trans shops

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mark13, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

(not sure if this is the right section)
    Just looking Before my trans goes out. Anyone know of a good trans shop around Woodstock,IL? The trans is the 4l60e out of my 1500. Has anyone dealt with Advantage Trans in Woodstock by the Kmart?

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you planning to for it to fail...thats a bad omen! lol

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't want it to, but I know it will probably before the end of winter. I'm planning ahead so I know where to take it.

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Another idea is The Trans Shop in Freeport, IL

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Any information on how good of a shop they are?

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Everyone around here goes there for tranny work. I personally never have but have never heard a bad word about them. Here's the info:

The Trans Shop
    720 Midwest Ct
    Freeport, IL 61032
    (815) 232-1089

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, about 90 minutes away. I will look into them.

Anyone else have any shops they have had good luck with?

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I know it sounds generic but Crystal Lake Trans is a great shop and they know thier way around a trans. They can rebuild you a stock trans or they can build you all the way up to a race trans. They have been building my Dads trans for years and after they build them, they have never failed. They have recently just built mine also and did it within a day. They also warranty thier work for either 2 years or 3 years. I dont know the phone # but searching on yahoo local for Crystal Lake Transmisson will find the #