1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

N.H.Lx 885

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mr frosty, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Mr frosty

Mr frosty Member
    from canada

hey all are all new holland 885xl skid steers 2 speed trannys? also is it much advantage to have the second range? I'm looking at purchasing one for snow clearing. From what i have read they"re pretty amazing machines. i was planning putting on a box pusher. i love it on my payloader. any help would be great thanks

2. ajech

ajech Member

2 spd

I really don't know much about he New Holland skid loaders, but I can tell you I bought a 2 speed Bobcat S300 about 6 months ago and I love the 2 speed. I just bought an 8 foot snow pusher for it but I havn't had a chance to use it yet. They say we are supposed to get 3-5 inches tomorrow. I will let you know how it handles the snow, but as far as doing other work around my farm, I wouldn't buy another skid loader without it. I think the top speed in the low range is like 6 or 7 miles per hour and the top speed is 12-13 mph. It doesn't sound like much but when you hit that button to go into high range the skid loader just takes off. If you have any other questions let me know. Here is a link to where I posted some pictures of my rig.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=40928

3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I have a 2-speed LS180 and I think it's the same size as your 885, but I'm not positive. 2-speed is the only way to go and I wouldn't have a machine without it. I also have an 8' pusher and they work great together. We do some HOA's with townhomes and it's great going from court to court in "hi-gear". On a single speed, it seems like forever from point A to point B.

Here's a couple of pics. Last year, I also modified a 8.5' Meyer P/A plow and gotta say it's pretty nice, too. Your always plowing, unlike in a truck - your'e never in reverse! Much more productive.

LS180 with Avalanche.jpg

LS180 with Plow.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  4. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

nice equipment

I have the same machine but I have a 10 protech on it

5. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I'm pretty sure I could push the 10 footer, too, but I trailer mine sometimes, and didn't want it to hang over the sides going down the highway. Probably a good way to get pulled over.