1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

N-FAB Nerf bars & Wheelhouse Liners

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mr. C, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Mr. C

Mr. C Junior Member

My project today was to install these 6 step nerf bar steps from N-Fab on my 2009 Chevy 2500 HD Crew along with a pair or rear wheelhouse liners.

The only issue is that the front of the nerf bars were too long to allow the GM mud guards to fit. Anyone else run into this? Are there other molded guards that don't dome as much?

They came well packaged from N-Fab

They use pre-existing mount points (no drilling for this application)

One hole didn't have the nut already welded in. The bars come with clip nuts for this.

2. Mr. C

Mr. C Junior Member

This is how they bolt up

Finished job

Issue with OEM mud guards & nerf bars

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That looks great. And nice truck to
  4. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

Any pics of the wheelwell liners? Brand? How was the fit? I've been wanting to put them on my 09 2500.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Looks Awesome. Couldn't you cut the mud gaurd? I mean as long as its not making it usless and you don't notice it unless you look closely? Just givin ya a idea to toss around.
  6. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Get clear of those moulded mud guards all togeather, they chafed off the paint on 3 of 4 corners bad enough after 1.5years that the dealer re-painted the bottom of my truck, i got the cheapie ones from the dealer after that you pick the height you want and use the existing holes that are there from the mounded ones.

My next truck won't have any at all, first stop off the lot will be the line-x dealer
  7. Mr. C

Mr. C Junior Member

Wheelhouse liners

I thought the pic posted, but it must have gotten cut off.

These are the GM liners for the Chevy truck, Part # 191666776... They have been on back order for at least a couple of months, so I called around and Maltbie Chevrolet in Lake George NY had 8 sets available $100 each

They basically just snap into place. They are VERY tight fit to the wheelhouse. Considering how tight they were, I only used the self taping screws to secure them.

Here's another thread on them http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t95928.html

8. Mr. C

Mr. C Junior Member

I thought about that. Still thinking about it... I've had some luck softening plastics enough to re-mold them. I may give that a try before I use a knife.

My last truck didn't have the mudguards and I ended up with the rust at the bottom of the doors... and the rear bumper rusted through. No matter how often I cleaned it, it always accumulated a ton of grime and salt in the back end. I always found myself thinking I wouldn't do that again. hence the guards and the wheelhouse liners. I may wnd up with the cheapies if I can't get the others to work.
  9. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Wheel liners are a good item to look into. For those of you who don't have them you might want to remove your tail lights and see just what gets blasted up inside the box panels from your rear wheels:eek:
  10. Squires

Squires Senior Member

If you don't get the rockers done with line-x im not saying to do away with the use of flaps, just these moulded ones, they vibrate and once grime and grit gets in behind them they start wearing the paint off.
    I only had about 30,000km's on mine when i noticed the wearing, when i took them off you could clearly see where they had been in contact with the rockers.

They are also quite ridged, enough so to do damage, i came down off a curb with mine and with the suspension bounce i bottomed out the passenger front guard off the ice built up curb, the flaps were hard enough that instead of breaking of bending they just dented and broke the paint on that side:realmad:, thus how i found the etching and found that the others were doing the same, 3 needed paint the 4th was buffed out as it hadn't wore through the paint yet.

So the moral of my story is replace the moulded ones you have now and in the future tell the dealer to keep there "fancy" mud guards (around here there $150) and that your just fine with the "cheep"($25) ones they carry in the parts dept.