1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

N.E. Snow on 11/20?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Nov 6, 2007.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

i just heard from a customer we will get snow in approximately 2 weeks. Did anyone hear anything?

2. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I really hope so, the bills need to get payed and thanks to last season I have no more money. It really needs to snow at least twice by the end of the month. It is going to warm up a little, to bad that the temps dont stay the same as this week, and keep on dropping. We will just have to see.

3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

i hope so but i wouldtn count on it

4. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Thats dumb, half the leaves are still on the trees around here. We arent even starting our clean-ups until monday.

5. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

we'll have snow in southern new england before thanksgiving.....

6. polplow

polplow Member

I will second that.

7. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

i hope so, i still have 3 more plows to strip and paint, 2 brake lines to install on one of the loaders, but other than that we're good, leaves only have another week here i'm guessing, most of my accounts have one ore mowing the end of this week and next week then its sick back and wait time.....i believe we'll have snow before thanksgiving, at least one push 3-6".....

8. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

i hope soon

I hope it does snow soon,a early start would help make up for last years losses.payup

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. Remember what happened last year with the hear say....
    One of my boss's was saying today that he knows of a company that you pay for and they have very very accurate weather info. I am going to find out more about this, and ill let everyone know. I figured we would give this a try and if it fails then i wouldnt listen to anyone anymore and just wait to see what happens.

10. 3311

3311 Senior Member

I'm not sure that the weather man could predict an accurate snow storm for tomorrow let alone 2 weeks away !

11. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

id like to see something small after the 20th, but right now i could care less, im still getting the sqaured away maintenance wise, and i still got a few bids going through, like to get those in my schedule before anything happens.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I heard I could save money on my car insurance!:jester:

13. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

monday tuesday and wed. next week they are calling for high 50's low 60's here. that will be enough to let the grass stir up enough for another mow. with the goofy weather it usually does it every year in november and even into early december, it goes from 30's to 50's temperature wise. last year we had 60 degrees in december. unfornatuely anymore i have to plan out other making money schemes threw out the winter, because i can't rely on the snow anymore to take care of my family. for me if we get any snow it's an added bonus, it's no longer reliable income. i used to get excited when snow plow season came around, anymore it's almost a pain in the ass, and i'm not moving to the snow belt just for better income in the winter i'll find other means to get bye. but anyhow like the rest of us i hope it snows alot!!!

14. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Nooooo after thanksgiving then let the snow fly

15. russthebus

russthebus Junior Member

snow

wouldn't mind but I have lots of leaves to rake still.... upstate NY near albany leaves are finally falling more!

16. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

snow showers fri and sat night, what. guess i need to get the salters out just in case.. was hoping for another week or so..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  17. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

Snow and more Snow

It finally arrived with a vengence here in Wasilla Alaska. A record snow fall fell since last Wednesday. Weirdest things I ever saw. If you take a square and quarter the square thats how it went. The first square got it then the second a so forth. Finally quit last night about three in the morning. Finished the last of the clean up a couple hrs ago. My drivers and I are all but dead but were all smiling too. Love haveing to go back two and three times in a 24 hr period. Sad part is there were 149 accidents on Sunday and 47 on Saturday with one fatality. Drive safe everyone and watch out for the crazies when your out there.
    Steve from Wasilla

18. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

had a half inch on the ground Saturday morning, watched it melt in a line across the front lawn as the sun rose...now its in the mid 50's and sunny.

Weather forecasting 2 weeks out is about as accurate as target shooting with a trumpet-barreled musket full of buckshot at 100 yards.

19. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Im not too sure about snow before Thanksgiving with this warm weather that we are getting right now but I was looking at the good old Farmers Almanac and it calls for a moderate snow fall between the 1st and 3rd of December. So hopefully they are right about that. They usually are for some reason. Who knows tho. The weather is crazy.

Im praying for snow tho.

20. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

ya i don't know what to think, henry keeps flip flopping, now his current blog says theres a good possibility of snow on thursday-friday for the northeast:dizzy: