1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

N.E Area, conn. ri. ma. nh. vt. me.

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BBC co, Sep 19, 2015.

1. BBC co

BBC co PlowSite.com Addict

Starting it up
  2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Subbed to this
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Can't wait for this season!
  4. I'm ready just picked up the new plow last Tuesday

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks great!
  6. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

More pics of the truck lol
  7. Will do abbe. I have not had the truck very long gotta take some.
  8. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

9. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Everyone ready?
  10. BBC co

Pattern Change May Bring Winter Preview to Northeast; More Western Warmth
    By Quincy Vagell
    Published Oct 11 2015 07:44 AM EDT

A shift in the weather pattern across North America will leave some parts of the United States with an early taste of winter.

It looks like a cooler pattern, more typical of late fall or even early winter, will develop from parts of the Great Lakes to New York and New England. This change may even leave some of the higher elevations coated with a blanket of light snow.

Chilly Changes Could Bring Snow to Northeast
    After an initial warm start to the week on Monday, with widespread highs in the 70s, a series of cold fronts through the week will allow cooler air from Canada to filter south.

The first wave will bring cooler air for midweek, but it's the end of the week and next weekend that may present the coldest air of the season to the region.

While these temperatures may not be cold enough for snow in most areas, some computer models suggest that parts of the interior Northeast could see some wintry precipitation between Friday and next weekend.

Things can change, but there is growing evidence that, in some locations, the first accumulating snow of the season may be on the horizon. The area we are watching for this potential snowfall includes a swath from the Adirondacks of northern New York to the higher elevations of northern Vermont, northern New Hampshire and northern Maine.

Parts of northern Maine have already seen their first bout of wintry precipitation this season in the past few days. Caribou, Maine, reported a brief period of sleet on Friday, which qualifies as a trace of snow in meteorological records. The National Weather Service said the 138-day period without a trace of snow in Caribou that began May 24 and ended Oct. 8 was the shortest such period on record for that location. A second bout of light snow was reported in Caribou on Sunday morning before changing to rain.

Mount Washington, New Hampshire, also saw its first coating of snow this season Friday into early Saturday.

Thumbs Up
  11. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I better hurry up and get my ducks all in a row :dizzy:
  12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I agree.......pumpkin:
  13. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Finished wiring my sander tonight, only thing left is servicing snowblowers, then helping buddies get stuff finished on their trucks. Whats everyones thoughts on the coming winter?
  14. BBC co

looking good still cold air mass is dropping on us still, we may not get snow here in ma but still the tide is shifting early. 50 degrees Sunday Monday, nights I seen dropping to 30's iI think
  15. vortec7622

vortec7622 Junior Member

Truck still needs brake lines and a dipstick tube before winter, I need to get my ass in gear it's SNOWING here in Charlton right now
  16. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Yup I was in Cheshire earlier and it was flurrying on me.
  17. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

18. fireside

fireside Senior Member

That little bit of snow got people thinking not to mention it was 18 this morning. I Got two calls already today about plowing. They were just making sure I was still going to plow them again this year.
  19. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Subscribed, stinks I won't be back in the area til December though. Took a semester away at school in Texas. Start the day at 55 and end at 75, but you would think people were going skiing with how they dress in the morning here!
  20. NHCraigT

NHCraigT Member
    from NH

Saw the first flakes falling here yesterday.

Obviously no accumulation, but its got to be the earliest I've seen snow-flakes in these neck of the woods (Southern NH).