1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

N.e. 12/30/07

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Dec 30, 2007.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

What are you guys getting from this storm?
    Here at the Northshore nothing at 8.30pm but 6-10" expected

2. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Started snowing here in Hartford about an hour ago. It's just now starting to stick because the ground is not frozen. Expecting about 7"'s

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

saying like 4-8" for us i think. not much.

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

NEPA 5-8 inchs higher in the mountains

5. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

just started

It just started out here in my area so im,off to bed will i got time.Be safe everyone.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It's snowing like crazy out right now. I've heard 6-10"+ here. I'm hitting the hay in a few minutes.

7. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Looks like 6-10 here...I can't sleep so I'm back online...alarm set for 3:30am

8. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Saying 5-10" for Downeast Maine. There is about 5" on the ground now....at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we get more then that payup payup

9. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

last i heard we were in 5-8" range, thismorning, 2" of slushy crap :\

10. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Yup...same here...only 3-5 inches of slushy crap...gorram weather people...grrrr....!

11. Jto89

Jto89 Member

everybody was saying something diffrent from 1" all the way to plus 10". woke up a 3:30 this morning and looked out side to see nothing on the ground. we ended up getting all rain

12. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

we got 6-8 so. maine from the last one and now its picking up again :)

13. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

What part of Downeast Maine are you in??

14. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

About 15-20 minuets away from Ellsworth, I live closer to Blue Hill.

Where are you located at?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  15. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Ended up with 2" of heavy WET snow 12/31/07

Today it started off at 1:15pm as heavy snow with temp. @ 37 and left half an inch of slush on the roads after snowing heavy for about two hours, then it turned to rain and the slush was gone in about half an hour. Temp has never gone below 32 all day. 36 right now. Looks like another salt run tonight when the temp is supposed to dip below freezing.

16. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

just got back from a round of moving the ol' white stuff. 7-8 inches in my driveway, only 2 where my customers are... so that sucks. oh well. kinda dark so i only took a couple pics at my house.

the first is my dad in front of a bank ive stacked this year with some fresh from tonight
    the second is a shot out my windshield with visibility pretty poor this afternoon

plowing 010108 011b.jpg

plowing 010108 006b.jpg

17. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm in the Machias area. We got hammered payup last night. A foot plus!!!! payup Not to mention the 8 inches we got on Monday. payup

18. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

In Sebago we got 13 inches last night on top of 9 inches from the Sunday storm. Looks like an old time Maine winter. By my count 54 inches fell here in December.

19. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I think out of both storms we got about 10" if not more then that. Driving over some of the roads down here is just like a washboard :dizzy: