1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MyTruck. Plow, sander, dump insert quesions

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by crewcutenterprises, Feb 14, 2004.

1. crewcutenterprises

crewcutenterprises Member

its a 99 F250 GAS 5.4 liter v8 auto 4x4

what kind of gas mileage can i expect
    empty,
    loaded
    towing trailer

Also I was looking at the 7.5 poly western $3789 or 8.5 MVP $4400 installed

Sanders by western with swing out 1000 series was 1500

and i wanted a dump insert. Its my new company Truck

mvc-002f.jpg

2. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

i have the identical truck. The only difference is that mine is a regular cab. With my experience of installing western plows for a while dont put a v-plow on it. Its too heavy for an extended cab. In my opinion a straight blade plow has less maintenance issues down the road. I worked on a few flo-stat v-plow pumps, they are a pain in the a$$ to fix.

3. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

CrewCutLawn, Check your PM.

Marshall

4. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Expect bad gas mileage. Thats way to much truck for the little 5.4L V8. We had a 2wd F250 reg cab at work and unloaded it got 15-18mpg. But any, and I mean any, kind of load on it and it was 8-10mpg.

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

hey crewcut do you have the work for that plow yet? Its getting to the end of the season . Why lay out the cash now and stare at a plow all summer. If you dont have the work as of yet wait on the plow . The annapolis market is pretty flooded with plow trucks.

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

Photo forum ??? Heres mine. 2004 k3500 Duramax/Allison W/9'2" Boss V plow

bossangleaaa sm.jpg

7. crewcutenterprises

Thanks guys, No I dont have the contracts yet Md irrigation. Its just a thought, thats all.

Still unsure about buying an EZdumper though. not sure what i want to get yet.

8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

LOOK ANOTHER F250 SUPERDUDTY:waving: I have to agree the 5.4 is a little small for that truck.( I had one, got 15 mpg empty & 7.5 - 8.5 mpg when it had any type of load) Still If your just driving it for a work truck, it should do just fine. I think maybe you should wait untill next season for the plow, but should get one no matter what. Not to famillar with the dump inserts. Thought about a flat bed that dumps? I got a couple of buddies that have them and when they want to haul dirt or gravel the just stick on the side boards. If you have to haul a lot of pallets the the flat bed is the way to go. I have one of those western 1000 tailgate spreaders wtih a reciever mount and I like it greatly.
    Boast

9. crewcutenterprises

Thanks Boast.

I am waiting till the next season for a plow. It has the bolt holes from where a western plow was attached.

Still not sure on the dump insert or the dump bed. Did you buddies have the insert or the bed dump kit??

thanks alot everyone. what MPG does the V10 get?

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yup that a nice rig alright

11. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

i would buy an ez-dumper unless you are concerned with weight. In that case truck craft makes an aluminum insert for pickups it only weighs #400 instead of the normal 750

www.truckcraft.com