1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MythBusters Seeking Huge Municipal Acute V-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MythBusters, Dec 11, 2008.

1. MythBusters

MythBusters Junior Member

Hello - We at MythBusters (science/reality show on the Discovery Channel) are looking to find the biggest, sharpest,most ACUTELY angled municipal sized V-plow for an upcoming shoot. It can be new or used. Can anyone recommend what they think would be correct V-plow to suit that description? I hope this is the right section of the forum to post this request. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Linda Wolkovitch
    Coordinating Producer
    MythBusters

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if your looking new , i would call Monroe , located in WI... they build truck bodies and plows. I belive alot of the big Vee plows are custom made , and they would be the guys to do it. They sell to the alaska highway DPT

i also heard that the state of minnesota lets go of alot of equiptment cheap from time to time

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

good show...... you need to do a snow plow myth..... can anyone think of one
    ?>

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It could have something to do with a V plow, just a hunch. LOL

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

great show!:waving:

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

well , If GV will not say it , then here goes

does FF really work , ? any better than WD 40 ? cost effectiveness?

8. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I can think of about 5 right off the top of my head, go check the newbie section. LOL

The show is great!

9. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

Yeah people think were getting rich and charging to much

10. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I say the myth should be about a little competition. Unemployed looking for beer money average joe with no insurance and a bailing wire held together piece of crap truck vs legitimate business snow plow professional. Let them race to finish a lot and compare results. Best plowing technique, best over all job, most cost effective ( maybe make them salt as well), include slip and falls, and maybe even insurance claims for the damage, and last but not least biggest pile. I may be a bit bias here, but anyone want to take bets on who does the better job, and the least amount of damage?

11. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

definatley the beer money lowballer lol
    just kidding
    by the way great show

12. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

You'd be best off contacting a plow MFG. directly. IMO Good luck.

http://www.henkemfg.com/pdfs/printrs/pv9510.pdf

http://www.wausau-everest.com/model.php?id=100

http://www.vikingcives.com/brochure.htm

Another suggestion would be for a V-plow that would go on a train they have some really impressive units for those too.

13. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Great show, do you guys buy a lot of of eBay? I see them on their every once in a while.

14. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

I see Oshkosh's every once in a while in the local "heavy equipment & truck trader" magazine. Some running some not. That might be a good start in your area. You should be able to find something similar up near the Tahoe area.

15. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

16. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

X2 I love it! Keep us updated on when the show about V plows is going to be airing.

I have to agree with others that the old oshkosh V plows are some of the most impressive as far as the size goes.

17. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Did a snowplow myth a couple year ago.

Myth, busted.

18. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Gonna plow a car in half, eh?

19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

They said sharpest?? who knows can't wait:redbounce Let us know when it will air

20. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

She's from San Fransisco so they're probably going to do something about how plows damage the environment and kill baby seals.

Those people down there are nuts :dizzy: (no offense, Linda)