1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mystic 2012-13

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mysticlandscape, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Well It's about that time of year again so hopefully I will post a few more pictures than last year and my guys love taking pictures so there will be plenty to go around. Here is the first few.

550 all set up.

Magic in the container

350 dump

Bright LED'S yea I know its a bad picture.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

the truck looks mint i wish i kept mine that clean did u get a chance to salt last weekend?
  3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Love that 550. How many miles/have you had any problems with it?
  4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice looking truck !
  5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Beautiful 550. Very nice and clean.
  6. Mysticlandscape

Yea we laid some salt not on every account just the ones but enough to make a few $$

Mustang I have three 6.0's

550- 106,000 miles I bought it in March, No problems thus far strong running truck.

350 Dump- 49,000 Bought it new never had a problem but the check engine light is on but its running fine. I think its the EGR or ICP i think its called. Will find out this weekend

350 Pick up - 125,000 my truck nobody else touches it. Two EGR's over the years. The rust is starting to show due to all the years of salt. Need to make a choice this spring as to keep it and put some money into it and keep it as my daily driver or put it on work duty and buy myself something new :drinkup:
  7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i sanded 1 place not much we do is open saturday and sunday how do u like the s300
  8. Mysticlandscape

We have places that are 24 hours, apartments, hotels, and private roads that need to have an eye kept on em.

I love the 300. Everyone has their preference I ran a S650 for a little while a few weeks ago nice machine but ill keep my 300. only has 420 hours on it. Wish I could use it in the snow but I need to be mobile.
  9. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

So you dont use the bobcat in the snow?

Who do u get your magic salt from? Or do you mix it yourself? I am using it for the first time this year. Have about 30 ton sitting in my yard.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Everything looks great and ready to go. How do you like the smith spreaders and are they all electric? Thanks
  11. Mysticlandscape

I don't physically use it is what I am saying. One of the guys runs it.

I get it in triaxle loads from northeast. I don't have a place to mix it myself or I should since its cheaper. This will be my 3rd year using it. I like it.

Burkartsplow- All three are electric. I have never had issues with the motors during the season. Have them gone through before the season to make sure they are 100%. This will be my 4th season with my original and its running strong no issues ( Knock on wood)

two of them have two motors; one 1/4 horse for the spinner and 1/2 horse for the conveyor

the oldest one has a single 1/2 horse that does both.
  12. ducaticorse

from we

What does north east charge? Those guys are pretty cool up there.
  13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

i know the last time i got it at northeast they where $199 i think and the guy down south on the mas border was $130 a ton they could do better on there magic pricing.
    I don't know what they are getting this year have not had a need for it .
  14. ducaticorse

from we

199 is pretty high. I rebuilt a MM1 plow at 3am three years ago with parts bought from NE. I really like how they stay open 24 during weather. I have moved into the city so its more of a stretch for me to get there now.
  15. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

I like your fleet Mystic, love my Chevy's but I love the way those F-550s look. Good luck this winter!
  16. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Lookin good man. Ive been talkin to Cam and was sayin we should have an MA meet up before xmas. I wanna see your stuff always looks good. Thumbs Up
  17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I love that 550. Nice and short and lots of payload.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

sweet ride now we just need to add snow
  19. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Looking good man hope you have a good season
  20. Mysticlandscape

Northeast is around $140 a ton delivered. If I was to buy salt and mix it its would be like $120 i figured after labor and fuel etc. I'll let them do the leg work. I figure its not worth it unless your using like 250 tons or more. Last year I used 40.