1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mystery tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by WALKERS, Feb 20, 2007.

1. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I saw a tailgate spreader on the back of a Davey tree service truck yesterday if any one knows what kind it is please let me know the spreader wheel was off to the driver side the salter was postition in the middle of the truck. It was a tailgate spreader.
    Thanks in advance
    JOSH:waving:

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of tailgate spreader are you refering to? An inexpensive single or 2 stage tailgate or a hydraulic tailgate? The Pro Flow 2 is set off to the drivers side.

3. WALKERS

Who makes the pro Flow 2 its red I know that much I dont know if its HYDRO I would guess ELEC It looks just like a tailgate wpreader but it is off set to the drivers side with a broadcast wheel.
    JOSH

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Western, 10cf. 1200lbs. capacity

5. WALKERS

MAGNA
    Is that a in the truck bed spreader or a tailgate?

6. magnatrac

It's a tailgate !!!

7. WALKERS

I did not see it on the their website. I will keep researching thanks for the replies felas:waving:
    JOSH

8. magnatrac

It's under ice contol, listed w/ pro flow/ pro flow 2

9. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

what color was it? could be a snowex. Was it a hopper or maybe a under tail gate style for dumps?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  10. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

11. WALKERS

Day
    It was a hopper but it was off set like under the gate spreader I think I see it on the Western site from the info MAGNA gave me but the picture does no justice for it.
    JEEP you are the MAN:salute: Good job thats it.Thanks for all your help felas.
    JOSH

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  12. WALKERS

JEEP There is what I need right there "Even thou it say WESTERN on it"Just kidding:D
    Its RED I can take the west sticker off and give it to you.LOL
    JOSH

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you want a yellow one you could buy the Fisher. It is the exact same.

14. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

I've got one, bought used before last season gave $600 for it. Part of the circuit board inside the controller was broke (had melted out a fusible link, I repaired it) they work very well. a very heavy unit and complicated and expensive for a tailgate unit, overkill for my uses, but the price was right. I really liked it last season, this season it had some rust issues that prevented me from using it (didn't get it fixed in time to use this winter) i subbed out my salt work then bought a used V box that I'm in the process of rebuilding. But the Western Pro-Flo 2 is a very nice unit and capable of many things other tailgate units can't do (wet salt, wet sand, any kind of material basically, very adjustable flow pattern and volume) and holds twice what most tailgate models hold.

Drawbacks:
    big, bulky, heavy, takes 2 guys to mount, its tall (blocks vision), its expensive to buy, expensive to repair, a little harder to keep all the workings clean, they don't jam up though, but you want everything cleaned good after a season of salting. Unless there were a swing away mount (don't know if thats available or not, I don't have one but there may be one made), its hard to have a skid of salt loaded in your truck without dismounting it and remounting it, which again takes 2 guys to do.

its awesome if you want V-box performance and capabilities without sacrificing the space in your truck bed. I don't think you'd be dissappointed.