1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mystery plug under 2000 ram 5 speed

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Chiputz, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Hi Folks, I found a plug hanging under the truck I just bought. It was hanging next to the tranny near the front driveshaft. It has the factory "RR" tag on the wires. For the life of me I can't find where this thing plugs in! The check engine light is on and I suspect this may have something to do with it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram they can look at and tell me where this thing plugs in? Thanks.ussmileyflag

2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

It's a 2000 Ram 1500 SB Reg cab with Off Road pkg and 5 speed manual tranny.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Post up a pic. I swapped a 5 speed into an auto tranny truck and have some pictures of all the wiring. Plus I still have a 99 V10 so the wiring should be similar.

4. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Check to see if all your Oxygen sensors are plugged in.... On my 2001, one of the oxygen sensor plugs, connect right at the trans...

5. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

You hit it right on the head. When the previous owner put a cat back system on the truck, they eliminated one of the oxygen sensors. I'll weld a bung onto the pipe and install a new sensor this weekend. Thumbs Up