1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myers Stop working- No power & control

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by HBLandscaping, Jan 31, 2010.

1. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping Member

Lastnight during the snow while plowing my plow worked fine. I left one site to head to another one and raised the plow, turned off the controler. When I got to the next job site I hit the switch on the controler and it didn't turn on, I also hit the switch for my plow lights and it didn't come on either.

I have checked all the cables/wires and fuses and so far nothing. What else can I do or need to check? Being a sunday non of the local plow shops are open and I need to get back out today before things refreeze tonight.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Checking right at the controller plug see if there's good ground on the orange wire and 12V on the blue wire with the ignition key on. If both those check out good you may have lost the on/off switch in the controller as they die with quite regularity. You can replace just the switch and it's nothing special, any good local NAPA should have one.
  3. PeterD

PeterD Junior Member

Why turn it off between jobs? I leave mine on until I'm done for the day (night), going down the road sometimes you have to re-angle the plow, for example.