1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

myers plow won't lower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smurf76, Jan 21, 2005.

1. smurf76

smurf76 Junior Member

ok I got this 7.5 meyers during the summer worked fine then. Hooked up tonight for tommarow's strom! It goes up, left, right, but not down!!!! I replaced seloind A and B and no luck!!! help for tommarow. I am going to call the dealer tommrow but not sure if they are going to be open.

help from PA

2001 f250 V10

2. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

meyers wont lower

The small diameter solenoid is the one that opens up to let the fluid out of the lift cylinder. Check to see you are getting power to the lower coil. Check coil by taking it off and putting in a screw driver or something metal and powering up coil with holding it to ground. If there is magnetism then check the solenoid to see that it moves.

In the Meyers manual for your hydraulic unit there is a check out procedure for this problem.

Dave

3. smurf76

smurf76 Junior Member

problem fixed

went to the dealer this morn (early) had a frozen selinoid which shorted out. had to replace the hole unit 70 some dollars had to drain the fluid and replace 8 dollars and had to pay labor not 50 dollars

working now.

thanks
    chad

4. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

plow wont lower

Plow fluid is hygroscopic. It has the ability to absorb moisture. A good preventive maintenance routine would include a complete fluid change every seasion. I keep a 30K btu propane heater that I can use to blow heat on hydraulic unit to find that problem very fast.

Good PM = trouble free plowing.

We will pay for our education.

Dave