1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

myers pistol grip touch pad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by McClure Pass, Feb 7, 2009.

1. McClure Pass

McClure Pass Junior Member

Just bought a brand new e-58, installed it on my 96 stroker. Worked fine dec. and till last week. plow would not go down- left and right fine. took it to the dealer that i bought it from and he said i did not install the "diode" on the solenoid and that i burnt the controller up and i would have to buy a new one. he ordered it $266.69 I put the "diode" on (witch i swear was not in the box with the "special instructions") installed the new pistol grip and would go down, left and right but not up. I called and he said to bring it down. I dropped it and went to work. he called back and said it was fine. When i picked it up i asked what was wrong and he said he didn't't know, he checked continuity and said it was good and it started working fine. I went to leave and it would not go up, we looked at it and he said it was it that flat pack that the grip connects to. I took it to my shop cut the pack out, used bullet connectors to the OLD controller and works fine. Meyers sold a true P.O.S. Hope this saves some one the true aggravation I just went through.:realmad:

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I put the new controler on my E-58h pump this winter. Worked fine until the first snow. Snwoing like hell, go out to raise the plow, plow will not lift. Changed the selenoid, still doesn't lift. Take it to the shop, found out that when I changed the selenoid, that I put the little diode pigtail wire on reversed, problem fixed. I don't know why the pistol grip needs the diode wire and the membrane touchpad doesn't?

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

i'd call Meyer and make them give you refund on the secon d pistol grip that you had to buy. You can't burn up the controller by not installing the diode wire, controller just won't work, until you install the wire. make the dealer give you a refund on the controller that you didn't need.

4. McClure Pass

McClure Pass Junior Member

P.O.S. meyes

the dealer told me the diode "stops a voltage spike witch burns the controler" The thing that frosts my &*%$ is was not the "diode in the first place. I paid $2,100.00+ for the kit, came with harness, turn rams.. the whole 9 yards. And that thing has the biggest P.O.S. of a conector for that controller. This was just yesterday and when I called and told them that i hard wired the old controller and it worked fine they did tell me to bring it back and they would refund, they were tell me they would have to eat it and they would have to keep it for a spare, but they did tell me it was the controller and would have to be replaced. there super nice people but i will get me 266 back