1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myers Hinge pin question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AtlasFBG2, Aug 21, 2001.

1. AtlasFBG2

AtlasFBG2 Member
    from Ohio

I searched for hinge pins but didnt find what i was looking for.The holes for the plow frame and truck frame seem to be 3/4 diameter.The pins that are in it are 5/8 diameter.This is on a Myers 7.5 steel plow on a 90 Chevy 3/4hd.I bought the truck with plow a few months ago and am going over it fixing anything that needs to be before the snow falls.I was thinking the 5/8 pins were too small that i should have 3/4 pins but then thinking that lining up the plow to put on the truck may be a real pain with 3/4 pins.I looked on a few plow parts sites and found replacement pins but they dont say what size they are and niether does Myers web site.Dont want to order new ones if i have the right size since they are in good shape.Can someone tell me the proper size of pins to use?Thanks in advance.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The 5/8 pins are what comes with the plow. You can use the 3/4 if they will slide in easily. I would get the size pins that fit with out being to hard to push through. Go to your local tractor supply house, and purchase any hitch pin that fits the bill. Attach them to the lower push bar or the a frame of the plow, with a cable or a small lanyard of chain. That way you never lose them.
    Also with the meyer blade, that is the least of your issues.
    Dino

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

my original pins always seem to round out the hole bigger and then i make some that are 3/4 ....stronger

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I know that it is a bit off topic, but I want to ask a question about the chart of bolt grade that I saw on Fisher instruction book. I wonder if G2 bolt is stronger or weaker than G5 bolt?

5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Bolt grade

Bolt grade: Higher the number, higher the grade.

Grade 2 bolt is weaker than Grade 5, a stronger bolt is Grade 8 (I use Grade 8 bolts anytime I bolt something like plow mounts or winch to the truck)