1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myers E60 plow pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mike1961, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Mike1961

Mike1961 Junior Member

I have a Myers E60 plow pump which I am having trouble with the power angle on the C valve. I checked the coil by putting a screw driver against it when activated and it is magnetic strong. Would this be a good check that the coil is good? the pomp locks itself up by over pressure in the lines. So what other problem could this be? the valve? I have replaced the quick connects twice. new fluid was put into it at the end of the last season. It has all new lines on it. Could it be the power angle cylinder? It only has the problem turning right.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

will it go right at all or just left?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

However you didn't state what the problem actually is. It doesn't angle at all? It won't angle a certain direction? Or it gets stuck in a certain direction? Need more info to be helpful.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

details man. details.

5. Mike1961

Mike1961 Junior Member

it angles only to the left.

6. Mike1961

Mike1961 Junior Member

it angle only to the left. and the motor doesnt actuate to the right it only clicks.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds more like a controller issue if the motor wont run when the right angle function is commanded. Which controller do you have? Touch pad? Single lever Slik Stik? Or dual toggles?

8. Mike1961

Mike1961 Junior Member

dual switches

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely a loose connection on the rear of the angle switch or the switch itself is faulty. Wiggle the connections on the rear a little to see if it helps. If not then it's time for a fresh switch.

10. Mike1961

Mike1961 Junior Member

The switch for up and down work fine and it works when you turn to the left. only the right doesnt work.

11. Mike1961

Mike1961 Junior Member

Ok thanks, I will try the switch.