1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

myers e47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Labratz, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

hi there i just bout another plow truck and it has the e47 on it i was woundering where i can find a rebuild kit for it and how hard it is to rebuild them thanks Dale

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

www.angelos-supplies.com

We buy alot from them, The E47 is a slower unit, I would try to find a E60 to replace it, the time you save is a big deal. Just my $.02

3. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

ok thanks and do i need the hole pumb or just the motor off the e60 thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can't swap an E60/E57/E58 style motor onto an E47 unless you also upgrade the gear pump to the E57/E58 style, which would turn your E47 into an E57. It's a good upgrade if you need to replace the pump and motor anyway, but it's not very cost effective just to do it as an upgrade as the E57 motor and pump will cost you about $300 alone.

I'm sure what C&C meant about finding an E60 was to ditch the E47 and find a good used complete E60.

5. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

B&B, you right, what I was talking about, was buying a E60 pump to replace it, and then you could see the E47 or use it as a spear.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

THe Central Parts Warehouse link above can help.
    Millsupply.com has parts.
    Order the repair / rebuild manual from one of them.
    Consider cost too. The pump can be done by you, a shop that does pumps or shipped to a repair shop that does plow pumps.

7. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

ok thanks i just went and bought the rebuild kit for the e47 and i am just going to replace all the seals and paint then put it back on for this is my first meyers and i rather a western plow setup but got it cheap so i hope it works out ok thanks to all who replyed

8. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

All went good first time i ever did this and i had it off and back on the truck in 2 hours easy easy and the best part is it works like a dream thanks for all how help me with were to get the seal kit

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

where did you get them?

10. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

my local car quest carries meyes stuff

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

ok just asking.

12. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Painted too? Where's the pictures? xysport

13. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

lmao no paint cuz then it will look like its worth more then the truck lol
    but it is in primer thill i get the paint

14. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I did mine in black hammerite paint, it looked really nice. The paints really aged now so it don't look so good now.