1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

myers e-47

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nol529, Feb 1, 2007.

1. nol529

nol529 Junior Member

Hey there,got a 1989 dodge ram 3/4 ton with a 360 and a 71/2 myers plow.it will angle right but when I go to toggle it to the left angle it just keeps angling to the right side.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Chris
  2. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog Member

check couplers for dirt - cheaper to replace than clean, unless you have a couple of days to spare while they soak in the solvent tank- while you are at it, pull both of the filters , clean them, flush your pump, and refill with meyer electrolift fluid ( I do this twice a winter, keeps everything clean, and moisture out of the system meyer fluid is about $9.75 a quart- also, clean and flush your angling cylinders while you're at it- this will only cost about 20 or 25 bucks total, but dependability, and low failure rate are priceless, especially at 4 or 5 in the morning !!! 'Rude Dog
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

unplug the green wire coil of front at the pump, will it now go left when you go to right angle? Yes - it is electrical in nature, probably the switch. No - it's in the unit:dizzy:
  4. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

If I gently push my slick stick left it will angle right. If I push it firm to the left it will then angle left. If you have a slick stick try moving from center to left back and forth. These things are a real pain when something doesn't work right.
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

meyer prob

sounds like the b or c valve ,check meyers web site and down load a service manual