1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myers Deparment Store Live Biding

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

Did anyone else get in on the live biding for the Myers Stores? I had my wife wait around all day in front of the computer, they give you 15 mins. to change your numbers and if you are the low guy the number is highlighted. I'm so pissed off, i had like $900 on an "express plow" ( main drags, intersections etc) and this jack off bids $95, salting the entire lot (these are walmart size lots keep in mind) i bid like $1200, jack off bids $300, that won't even cover material. Hourly for a loader, i'm at $85, jack off $60, addional hourly plowing for over 7" jack off bid $60. Etc. Etc. Etc. What is going on? This guy i'm sure can't even handle something like this. Anyone else have this problem on these bids? I can't be that over priced.
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

What did you think was going to happen? No sense getting upset about it.
  3. BuckeyeSiteWork

BuckeyeSiteWork Junior Member

do you mean meijer? which store?
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I've only done one reverse auction, didn't go well. I wouldn't have done it for the hourly rates your quoting, let alone his, & my markets pricing is horrible.
  5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

It's a ridiculous process to participate in. Entirely one sided and very impersonal. Not the way we like to do business. Sure makes life easy for them though. :dizzy:
  6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Do yourself a favor

and please never do one of those again. It is legalized prostitution of everyone's market. You do not need the work that bad. None of us do!