1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

myers cap

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JEFFERY MAURER, Nov 14, 2010.

JEFFERY MAURER Junior Member

Has anyone had problems with the ram cap breaking and if so what you had to do to fix the problem it on a E-60 myers
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's been a problem with the E60's since their inception nearly 20 years ago if not configured or maintained properly. Pump pressure set too high or the moldboard contacting the lift arm (during stacking maneuvers) without the correct A-frame stops are what destroys the top caps.

E60's should have their pressure checked and if needed reset during routine maintenance before each season. Goes a long way toward preventing breakdowns.
  3. Powastroka

Powastroka Member

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Two years ago I was running with a myers e60 and did the same thing, I took B&B advice he gave to someone else and ajusted the chain so the a frame hit the stops before the ram hit the cap, worked great and never broke a cap again
  5. Powastroka

Powastroka Member

Oh ya and B&B gave me a lot of good info! Smart Cookie