1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

myers blade swap

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by docsgmc, Dec 25, 2007.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

if i have a 7.5 myers with an E-47 pump can i buy a used 8' blad and pull up....pin up,and....hook up using the same frame?????
  2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

yep i am doing the same thing i want a 8.5 wish i got a bigger blade at first my 7.5 is small for the cummins dam thing can push alot more

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

just as long as the aframe is the same size. the aframe on my 8ft ram 2500 is shorter
    that the 7.5 blade i have on my older ford . it fits but sticks out farther

if its a c-7.5 i might be interested i buying it

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The difference in A-frame length's are due to the mount styles... a conventional mount uses a longer A-frame than an EZ Classic style mount since the conventional was further back under the truck.
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

But with a chop saw , torch and welder you can easily change them over :D

The C models use pretty much the same a-frame and quadrant from what I have experienced the ST models use a different a-frame and quadrant from the c-models. The mounting ears on newer plows typically have the same spread, its the 20+ year old ones seem to be almost vehicle specific. Like I mentioned before with the right tools you can easily adapt them. The last 7.5' ST MDII I sold had a very rough blade attached to it, I found a real nice sold and straight ST 90 locally, it came off of a early 80's wagoneer, after a sandblasting and couple hours later it looked like and functioned like it was always a MDII.

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

i will only get a c8.5 and it will only be a newer blade wont trade something a year old for some older blades

and yes mine is a c7.5 wont sell it till i find a 8.5 that will work for me first