1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myers Angle

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Redmowers, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Redmowers

Redmowers Junior Member

We have a 8' Meyers plow with a E47 (I know it is not the bigger one)on our Dodge 3/4 ton ,some times when you angle left the plow goes right and sometime the other way also.It has never happened to me but has happened to 2 others.It is not hydraulic connections they cannot be changed.It is random I thought about changing the fluid may have some moisture in it making a solinoid stick,any other solutions ???:confused:

2. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

we use E-60, so im not that familiar with the E-47.. my only suggestions are to A: try another touchpad if you have one handy, and
    B: maybe its the solenoid under the hood. my grandfather always told me to apply everything to the (KISS) method: which is "keep it simple stupid". dont think im directing that towards you. its just a phrase i always keep in my head when im trying to fix something. ;)
    good luck, kevin

3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

I would pull out a test light and check all your wiring. Maybe something isn't grounding properly and causing it to go crazy. Start at the cab control, if you have power move on to the solenoid. Make sure thats secure, check your 4 control movements, then move onto the motor, make sure that has a good ground to the battery, then onto the 3 solenoids.

And remember as long as the motor is getting juice, the system always circulates to the left.

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

RedMowers -heres the scoop;

Most commonly if the plow moves to the RIGHT when you hit the LEFT SWITCH, Replace the c- valve located under the coil w/ green wire. That should also correct your LEFT angle problem also,(it sounds like the C-valve is sticking alot) Let us know how it works, it helps all uf us with the aches and pains!

Good luck #1 PT.

5. AtlasFBG2

AtlasFBG2 Member
    from Ohio

#1 PT when i hit the right switch on mine it sometimes goes to the left then hits the stop and comes back to the right.I have checked the grounds and power wires everything there is ok.Would it be the c valve sticking in this case also?

6. #1 plowtech

Atlas,
    remember that if you angle the plow to the left , you are only making contact between relay on fender which runs the motor. NO valves move when going to the left.

So, if you angle to the RIGHT, and the plow goes LEFT, it could be a bad switch, dirty connection on green wire, corroded contact on nut that holds the c-coil(green wire) to the valve,bad coil, sticky valve. you need to start narrowing things down.

On ANY PLOW, always,always,always, CLEAN all plow related connections. i use a small wire wheel in cordless drill, it gets down to the brass. Good luck, #1 PT.

p.s. you could have other problems , but lets not get to technical,...yet.

7. qjet1

qjet1 Junior Member

While were at it I have 2 E47 s new pistons Up& down OK left to right zilch Both doing the same new fluid new hoses up hold excellent Once pressure applied to angle I have to whak it off w/small screwdriverto relieve pressure

8. #1 plowtech

QJET1, need a little bit more info. if u can, thanks,PT

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

What are you whacking with a screwdriver? Sounds like something is sticking somewhere. If you gave us more info we could be more helpful.

10. qjet1

qjet1 Junior Member

This is whats going on Last season moved to new house . My guys took the plows off & left them angled to left. I figured no problem as I am changing everything anyhow So this season I ordered new pistons hoses etc Changed all fluids Then I hooked up the blades to test The problem. Evyrything works but when the plow goes left it stays there The only way to dismount the pressured hose is to tap the quick disconnect w/a small screwdriver the blades work perfect otherwise w/ no other problems the other day I only used up & down all night got it done but could use the angle Motor runs on the joystick
    Both are meyers 6.5 & 7.5 one joy stick one old 2 switcher cant figure it

11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Did you get new couplers? Old ones could be bad. If not I would say the c valve or coil (green wire) is not working. It should come on to angle the blade right.

12. qjet1

qjet1 Junior Member

I dont know the motor runs I can hear it It just bothers me that both have the identical problems at the same time but thats not unusual w/my luck I have a ford Ranger & a Gmc K5 they might as well be related The story of my life Would you think to replace C valve Im going out to check the green again I always steel wool them & dab a little silver stuff on
    Yes I changed coupler Need it or not all goes 2 years pumps 5 yrs then rebuild So all should be ok Last year I thought the drain thread to be loose on one so I sent it out for new housing & motor I dont know how well the filters are there was a little dirt on could it go deeper than that?