1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myers 6.5

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by blp848, Feb 2, 2009.

1. blp848

blp848 Junior Member

I'm looking for a plow setup for my 1990 Wrangler. I have found a Myers 6.5 advertised but I am unfamiliar with the Myers line. My last plow was a Fischer mounted to a full size Ford. When I go to look at it what should I be looking for? The seller says he has all the mounting Hardware but not the controls. Are the controls going to be expensive?

2. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

depends what kind of controller you want. my pistol grip for my western is 280$, and a box is probably like 80$. and thats just for the thing you hold in your hand, i dont know what its going to cost to have it wired up.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

4. blp848

blp848 Junior Member

Thanks, I guess I am also wondering if I should be able to mount just about any 6.5' Myers plow to a '90 Jeep or if I am going to be stuck looking for a mounting kit. I know that there are a lot of mounts for a 97-03 style Jeep but the the earlier years I'm not all that certain about
  5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I thought you said the seller has all of the hardware?
    Anyway, here is the old Wrangler mount...wrangle mount

Don't know where you are in the NE but check out this place.... jeep/plow

FWIW, I'd just use toggle switches and forget the touchpad.
  6. blp848

blp848 Junior Member

The seller did but he isn't sure what type of Jeep it came off of. He bought it used to put on a small truck and never did. I'm just trying to make sure I don't end up with something that I can't use.

Thanks for the help!
  7. sbt1

sbt1 Member

No such thing as a "Myers" plow

It's a "Meyer" plow.
  8. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

i would find a plow with a control a western suburbanite is a good plow to and if you use the quick match on their website you will know exactly what plow you need. Good Luck!

Chevy avalanche 1500 w/western midweight poly 7'6''
    bobcat 753 w/steer plow 7'