1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myeres C-9 angling problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by guntruck, Jan 3, 2007.

1. guntruck

guntruck Member

Hey all, I have a what I think is a wierd problem. I have a Myeres C-9 on my cabover, installation all went well and everything is fine except one thing. When I angle all the way to the right from in side the cab it gets stuck. The second I lower it a hair its ok and goes right back into action. Now if I go almost all the way over its fine never gets stuck, only when I take it till it stops. And again I lower it a little bit and its fine. What seems to be the problem here? Do I need a replacement solenoid or something because its just gone bad? Seems kind of wierd it happens only when I take all the way. Any thoughts?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty common problem on the Meyer blade's after they have some wear and tear on the pivot bolt/bolt hole and the angle stops. When the pivot bolt hole wears in the nose plate the sector will travel "over center" just enough so that the angle ram wont push the blade back the other way.An easy test to be sure that's what is happening is to temporarily tape a scrap piece of 1/2" thick steel or wood to the angle stop on the sector. Now angle the plow back and forth. If it doesn't get "hung up" anymore then you know for sure that's the problem. If it fixes it just weld the 1/2" "stops" permanently to the angle stop's.However plow's that do this usually do have sever wear at the pivot bolt and hole so you should check it too.
  3. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Another common problem that can cause this is an expanded C-valve. Take the Green coil off the pump and check it. this is often very hard to see with your eye if the valve is tight on the coil it is usualy eapanded. you can use a micrometer if needed but what happens is a spike of presure expans the valve and causes it to stick
  4. LON

LON Senior Member

Are you coming up against the plow lift stops before the unit is done lifting? This will cause a bind in the sector. What makes me think this is the fact that you can lower it a "hair" and lose the bind.
  5. MoPlower

MoPlower Junior Member

What the heck are you doing on here ???? Don't you have a 6-BBL RR to work on ??? :waving:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  6. zippy3497

zippy3497 Junior Member

If the above solutions have not fixed the problem.... The most common problem is "air" in the unit getting down into the ram-cylinders causing a void in the system. Bleed the system >> Pump & Rams << top-off the main fluid and work it side to side, re-check the main fluid body and fill as necessary.

Symptom: Plow moves to full Left / Right and motor pump runs but plow will not return (move).

Possible solution: See above
  7. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Angling Problems

I have the same angling problems with my Meyer plow. The main problem started when i put new angling rams last winter and it has never been the same since. My question is what is the easiest way to bleed the air out of the rams/pump?
  8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Air usualy works it self out but when we want to bleed one right away we part the truck on a slope facing down put the blade as close to the ground as you can with out touching, and angle back and forth from end to end. since the hoses are at the back of the cylinders you need to have that as the highest point
  9. LON

LON Senior Member

Yes I do! Need to be dropping the rear out for a rebuild and detailing. Although it is hard not to help out here after 28 years of working on these. How's the deal going w/ the rip-off artist?
    BTW, don't you have a shin-dig to get ready for?