1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myer St7.5

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DAZ982500, Oct 5, 2006.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I am purchasing this plow.They classify as a personal plow.I have 27 driveways 1 machine shop and a 12 car apt building.My question is the dealer stated based upon my needs that this plow should be suitable for the work load I will have.Now the vechicle is a DODGE 98 2500.This is the work load I have from last year and I will be adding to this with advertisement.I was concerned about the additional weight wear/tear with there C seris however this is a commercial blade.Should I have went with C7.5 it is extra 100.00 bucks.Also extra 100+ lbs on front end.Dave

2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The C Series Commercial plow is what you will need. The ST 7.5 is a standard duty non commercial plow and obviously you will be plowing commercially. The C Series plow will definitely hold up to a commercial application. The ST 7.5 will show signs of wear much sooner.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You need at least a 8' plow on that truck. 7.5 is to narrow. Plus something that is not a meyer. :realmad: Fisher, Western, Blizzard are much better choices.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

At least 8 foot, go commercial!

5. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Get the C series and throw on a set of Timbrens and you'll have no problem. :cool:

6. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I have a similar setup and use the C-8 and like it much better than the st7.5 I used to have. The 8 is taller, heavier , and better trip spring system. I would get the heavier front springs like I did on your truck and you will be fine.