1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Myer or Western v-plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TAZPUSHER, Mar 1, 2007.

1. TAZPUSHER

TAZPUSHER Junior Member

Have been using Boss plows since 1990,am thinking of changing to one of these...what do you think? Tazpusher:

2. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

The new Meyer Super V is an awesome plow.

Babe

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

ive owned meyer for ever but since the meyer v is new i think i would hold off buying one for a few yrs until we see how it holds up . the guy i sub for has several west. v never had any problems

JR

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

You have one of the absolute best, IMO, v-plow out there!!!!! Why change? A new Boss V will be 10x better than your old one

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

First thing, I would not switch from Boss. If I was to choose between Meyer and Western however, it would be Western. But really take a hard look at everything before you switch. Like said above, you have one of the best out there, IMO also.

6. TAZPUSHER

TAZPUSHER Junior Member

Myers/western

I've a dealer tring to to get me to change,saying Boss really hasn't changed forever.I've never lost any down time with Boss,I have 3 and all my subs have them.They like mine and all have changed from Myers.It's hard to even think about changing when they've been so good.That's why I'm trying to get some feed back...Thanks Guys

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Boss has changed alot as far as their paint, and just the actual structure of their plows. Those things look really friggin strong. They have the new HID Smartlight, the smarthitch. And the V plows have the new cutting edge that doesnt nees a shoe in the middle, the cutting edges have it built in. Why should Boss change something that has worked so great for years??

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I cant say enough about Boss. One proven selling point for me is the paint. Mine is 3 years old, I wash it after every snow event, wax it a couple times throughout the season, and touch up any surface rust (like on the cutting edge) with Rust-Oleum, and the plow truely looks like brand new. Western's rust so bad so quick if not cared for. JMO, Boss for me!:salute:

9. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

Has anyone had any experience with the Super V, it looks like an awesome plow, i think Meyers is trying to become #1 again with this plow, and they may have succeeded, its everything people want out of a V and more, i'd try it out if i were you.

10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would get the western mvp plus v plow. Its the fastest and nicest v-plow money can buy

11. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

take a look at the new Boss V blade before u take a look at any of the other ones. meyers new v balde looks good but the Boss Power V XT will turn ur head

12. icebeer

icebeer Junior Member

I would not even consider a Meyer V over a Boss or Fisher or Western. Meyers has gone from a good mfgr to one producing poor quality hydraulics, electrical connection problems, and they have changed their pump motors 3 times in the last 4 seasons. That there tells us they are not in the game with the other mfgs. Maybe some day they may again become a quality producer of snow removal equipment.

13. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

That thing looks awesome. I would love to try one and see how much of a difference it makes over my MVP. When I'm ready to buy another new V plow in the future, I'm definately giving the Boss V XT a look first before anything else.

14. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

just use common sense!!! if your boss plows work good for you, why change?? i have a boss and it's been the best thing since sliced bread!!! like some of the others said, myers is trying to be number 1, and it's not gonna happen. to many years of poor quality hydraulics as well as electrical they've made cheap plows for years, why do you think they are a dime a dozen! keep using what has reliably made you money in the past. good luck.