1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My WInter Setup

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by blackjack219, Dec 11, 2009.

1. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

Hey Guys,
    This is my first time trying to post a pic so be patient, this is my '02 F-250 SD with the 5.4 triton just put the spreader on in the fall. I like it so far. Feel free to post any questions or comments and good luck this season

IMG_4353.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

2. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

what kind of spreader is that it looks dif then any other one iv seen boss make?

3. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

Boss TGS 600, hold 400# of salt

4. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Nice truck man, what do you keep in that box in between the wheel wells?

5. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

one side holds extra mag and the other is sand with a mix of calcium

6. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

how do you like the results of mag? I have not been having good luck with it. seems like there isint any slow release in it. it gets hot quick then freezes over instantly. WHats your opinion?

7. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

i used i a few times last year and if worked well no complaints, this year i just bought a ton because i was going back and fourth between the mag and the calcium, we had our first storm on wednesday we got 4 or so inches followed by heavy rain so i haven't spread yet this year

8. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Sweet rig, best of luck this year!

9. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Have you used your spreader much?? I am trying to get opinions from as many people as I can about spreaders. The salt I have is is bagged salt however, its pretty much bulk salt and I want to find a spreader that will work! Does it have a vibrator? What kind of material have you used in it? Thanks for the help!

edit. while I was typing you said you havent spread yet

10. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

i got it new this fall and going to run bagged mag or calcium what i learned so far keep everything as dry as possible and don't leave your material in the hopper or it will find a way to clump up, i don't have a vibrator on it

11. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

alright well keep us informed of how it works

12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Thats alot of Red.

Looks nice.

13. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

yeah my wife laughs she knows i hate red (exmark /boss/of course the truck) it's grown on me

14. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Love the truck, really looks sweet, a dealer here had the smaller of the 2 boss tailgate spreaders for 1195 and i thibnk the larger one was like 1295 or sumin around there, you get a deal like that?

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, those are some big cargo lights up there on the rack.

16. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

I got mine for 1300, I cann't wait to really use it

17. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! I like the smoked out headlights!