1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by killed300ex, Mar 2, 2006.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Decided I wanted to make a set of wings for myself. Here are some pictures. I also can remove the wings and install a set that make the plow into a pusher. I am happy with the way they came out best part is they have only cost me the welding materials.

plow1.JPG

2. killed300ex

here are some more pictures

plow2.JPG

plow8.JPG

plow3.JPG

3. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

How big is the plow now? They look good and Nice Truck!

4. killed300ex

got lots of pictures dont mind how dirty the truck is

plow5.JPG

plow6.JPG

plow7.JPG

5. killed300ex

it measures a shopping 10 1/2 feet now wider than i wanted but man can it move some snow here are some of the back blade i made as well

plow13.JPG

plow10.JPG

plow12.JPG

6. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Looks good. But I would paint them yellow to match if I were you, it'd look better and more importantly stop rusting. I assume you have to remove them to drive on the road? Or how wide is it when angling?

7. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Killed it looks like the receivers stick out farther than the actual plow when the wings are off. Maybe its just the way i am looking at it. or do you just leave them on most of the time. I am only askin cuz i might have to steal some of your ideas if you dont mind. Amyting you would have done different? looks like it came out good though. thank you

8. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

When the wings are on they serve as receivers. When the wings are off they make good curb guards. ;) Wings look good by the way. Might wanna paint them though with some rustoleum.

9. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Looks real good nice job. Looks like little CB antenna's on the wings:nod:

10. killed300ex

thanks I am really happy with the way they came out. As for painting them I am going to use por 15 this spring and it likes a lil rust so im just going to use them as they are. Plan on having the blade sandblasted then going to por 15 the entire thing black and then use their hardnose yellow for the front of the blade.
    Yes the receivers do stick out past the edge of the blade. It is only a 71/2 foot plow and they stick out 6 inchs on each side. The box end have a peice of metal bent like the moldboard to fill it in. With the box it measures just over 81/2 feet wide. I dont think I will ever run without something on the receivers unless it is extremly heavy snow.
    If I was to do it again i think I would try to find another way to mount instead of the square tubing.(Which I ended up making because I couldnt find anything that slid tightly into eachother in the sizes I needed) I like how the boss wings mount (didnt see it untill i had already made it this way) I would make a bracket that bolts/welds to the ribs on the back of the blade then just round tubing that would slide into eachother. Think it would be easier to make and hook up. Dont mind if anyone takes some ideas infact I hope you can improve on it.
    Sorry for the long post
    Evan

11. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

looks like the bottom of the wings would bend or be weak when the blade trips, not that much support there