1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My wing project.

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by born2farm, Jan 12, 2010.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Well I decided that a 50inch plow was not cutting it for my plowing operations so today me and my dad started to form up some wings. I am still undecided wether I want to angle them out for more scoopage or leave them flat just for width. We go them rolled today and hoping to add some gussets and find out how I am going to mount them tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

100_0314.jpg

2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

looks good

3. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Looks good, If I were you I would make them the scoop, I bet that quad has plenty of power to push them

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I say scoop them

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

don't forget wear bars or they won't last half a season.

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Move them out more and scoop them.

7. hoss8640

hoss8640 Junior Member

Looks good. I think I would go with everyone else and scoop.

8. born2farm

greg-it will deff. be getting a cutting edge. i will probably replace the whole thing with one off of a truck.

steve- i am not sure how much wider I want to go. I had it at 69", but it is at 62" in the pics.

sounds like scoop is the way to go.

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Agree with everybody else in going with the scoop, but watch how wide you go, you still want to be able to do sidewalks! Good luck.

10. born2farm

Well I do more small parking lots and drives then sidewalks with this machine so width isnt to big of a deal as long as I can push it. What angle do you guys think I should mount these at 20 degrees maybe?

11. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

How small of parking lots do you do? that must take awhile with an ATV

12. born2farm

Well I work along side of a truck 90% of the time. Our small lots such as dairy queens and stuff I can get around cars during business hours easier then we can in trucks. The only way I will run the whole lot is after I finish my route and the biz is closed.

13. chevyman1010

chevyman1010 Junior Member

i would go with both scoop and strait all you would have to do is use a 90 with two hole and make a hinge some pins and and then you can find out what you would like. little more work but looks like you what your are doing and can handle it but a cutting edge is a must. good luck and looks great so far

14. born2farm

Well got everything fabbed up tonight and will be doing the finish welding and mounting tomorrow and saturday and hopefully have it painted by monday. I scooped them about 30 degrees and they will stay there just for simplicity reasons.

15. born2farm

Well I got them mounted today and all welded and bolted. Going to hopefully pull everything apart tomorrow and shoot some paint. It ended up being 65in wide. I went out and pushed some of the little snow we had left and it pushes the quad around a bit but were talkin 2 ft birms of wet heavy snow. Let me know what you think.

100_0317.jpg

100_0319.jpg

16. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Brock, I would add a rib on the side edges of the wings to give them more support, just a thought.

17. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

1 snow and they will be scrap again

18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Brock I would cut a rib and put it right inside on the wing were the blade and wing meet and one on the outside edge. I think that the weight of the snow will rip the top bolts out of the wings. Just my .02 cents

19. born2farm

Well I want to add some more reinforcement so i will see. If they turn to scrap after the first storm thats fine with me. I built them for free anyways to kill time.

20. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I would for sure cut that angle so there is not that point stickin out to the sides. If you need any extra support, I guess you will be finding out! And can fix the problem the next time around.