1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Weekend Rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by metallihockey88, Feb 22, 2009.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

well...i guess this technically has to do with snow and ice removal. been around hockey all my life and been playin since i could walk so why not spend more time at the rink then i already have. got con'd into learnin how to drive this bad boy a few years ago to help out a friend that runs the rink by me and got talked into workin weekends doin the ice since i apparently make some real nice ice. well figured some of you might enjoy and there anyone else out there ridin around on a zamboni or olympia?

olympia 1.jpg

olympia 2.jpg

olympia 3.jpg

olympia 4.jpg

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice ride. You wern't the one who dropped the zamboni off the tip deck on the news for the game at wrigley field were you? lol

I used to play hockey but stopped for some reason and havn't skated in a few years. Kinda got the itch to give it a shot again.

3. metallihockey88

haha no but thats actually a good friend of my dads. they forget to tell on the news what actually happened with that. those zambonis were from minnesota and had been sitting outside on the truck for like 2 weeks waiting for this game and when he started it up and started backing it up the engine died and with those things being all hydraulic nothing works when its not running which in turn meant no brakes :eek: get back into it, im just startin to get back into it, bypassed the juniors/college route when i decided to go into the trades and havent had any time for it unfortunately.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Figures, the new's never reports anything right. Only how they want to show it.

Now you have me thinking about finding my old skates and seeing if they fit and going to dig my old hockey stick out of the garage.
    I think the closest rink to me is the Crystal Lake ice house.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  5. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

nice olympia. i used to re-build the transmissions for the olympia factory a few years ago. i always thought it was neat to have my transmissions operating in faraway places like russia, germany to mention a couple. still think it's neat seeing olympia's around. by the way, the olympia guys get real upset if you call it a zamboni.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

7. metallihockey88

yea cause they are jealous its not a zamboni...olympia's are complete POS's. if you really wanna make someone mad, call an olympia a zamboni in front of a zamboni driver...that gets good. I think a new zamboni is like 100k or so and an olympia is around 50k and i hear it is definately worth the extra money for the zamboni, make much better ice and last forever. notice how no pro teams have olympias, zamboni's only